Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a mod to slow other factions?

Junior Member Private

Default Is there a mod to slow other factions?

Is there a mod to slow or stop other factions expanding? I have played Rome TW and Total realism and my biggest gripe is having to expand too quickly to have the resources to fight Macedon or Egypt when they expand so fast? I would love to play a game where smaller factions like Greece, Armenia and Pontus and the rebel factions are still around to play against later in the game.

Any ideas guys?

Senior Member Sergeant-Major Dreagon's Avatar

The only thing I can think of is replace the factions AI with Rebel AI but I don't see how this is fun. I would rather fight one or two big factions in the late game instead of a bunch of smaller ones. I can see why you would want the other factions to be around but the rebels? The most fun I've had was when Pontus had taken everything from the Scythian lands in the north to egypt in south. I owned the west part of the map (I was the Scipii) and the other roman factions where in Germania/balkans. It took a while but after slaughtering hordes of eastern infantry I conquered them. They never stood a chance but it was fun because sometimes they managed to counter-attack or something. If I had to fight the 6 factions who were originally in that area it would have been boring.
    My Total War wishlist:

1: Reformation: Total War
    2: Victoria: Total War
    3: Dark Age: Total War

Junior Member Private

Dreagon

How easy would relacing that AI be?

I want to slow or stop other faction progress as like plaing a historicaly accurate campaign. Rome never fought egypt! and fighting army after army of egypian chariots gets boring!. I never get a chance to fight Pontius as they get steam rolled by egypt to soon. Plus independant states like Pergamon were Roman allies.

I have no idea how to do that but I would think it's possible. And Rome did fight against Egypt, sort off. It was the war between Octavian and Marc Anthony who was supported by Cleopatra. Also a possibility to reduce the expansion is to make chariots weaker in the auto-resolve. I don't know how to do that either but that's the reason that Egypt/Pontus/Britons become so powerful.
    My Total War wishlist:

Junior Member Private TheCrusader's Avatar

I don`t know if it is a mod for that,but if you want to progress slower the other faction you have to choose the campaign difficulty minimum,but the battle difficulty you can still let it as you wish...

It was on easy in my scipii campaign that pontus took over the entire eastern part of the map and the britons took over most of western europe.
    My Total War wishlist:

+ Reply to Thread