Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pre-loading?

Default Pre-loading?

Easy question, will we be able to preload the game Fall of the Samurai a day or two before, because it's likely about 15 GB and I want to play it right away when I come home from school on Friday :P
    Proud member of Sakua Gaming

Senior Member Field-Marshall Morgothic's Avatar

It doesn't seem like it. It's an expansion so the system probably doesn't work in the same way (considering you launch Fall from the Shogun 2 menu(?))
    Fast like the wind,
    Silent like a forest,
    Intrusive like the fire,
    Immobile like a mountain,
    Under heaven and earth, I alone am feared.
    -Takeda Shingen

Quote Originally Posted by Morgothic View Post
    It doesn't seem like it. It's an expansion so the system probably doesn't work in the same way (considering you launch Fall from the Shogun 2 menu(?))
    I don't think we launch it from the Shogun 2 menu. It's a standalone expansion and does not require the original S2 to play it. My best guess is that they will do the same thing they did with Napoleon (which I did not buy [I know, I know, it's the only TW game I did not buy; I'm just not as interested in that era and region sorry lol] so I don't know for sure how it was launched but I assume being that it is standalone that it is launched from steam and not from the S2 menu.)
    Last edited by Newt; 03-19-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Well wether or not steam will allow you to preload the game i do not know.
    But i do know that atleast Play.com sent theirs out on post today. (19th)

Senior Member Field-Marshall Morgothic's Avatar

Hmm, I saw a gameplay clip in which someone was on the Shogun 2 menu and when they hovered over 'New campaign' it had Shogun 2 and Rise of the Samurai greyed out and a new tab reading 'Fall of the Samurai'. Maybe you can alternitavely launch it from the Shogun 2 menu? Or perhaps that was an early discarded design... I guess we'll soon see.
    Fast like the wind,
    Silent like a forest,
    Intrusive like the fire,
    Immobile like a mountain,
    Under heaven and earth, I alone am feared.
    -Takeda Shingen

Member Private

Steam usually allows you to preload the game 24 hours prior to release.

Moderator Master and Commander DenmarkRules's Avatar

It's a stand-alone expansion. And just as you could pre-load Napolen(also a stand-alone) 24 hours before, you can probably do the same here.

"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Senior Member Sergeant yoshisuke's Avatar

Hmm, I saw a gameplay clip in which someone was on the Shogun 2 menu and when they hovered over 'New campaign' it had Shogun 2 and Rise of the Samurai greyed out and a new tab reading 'Fall of the Samurai'. Maybe you can alternitavely launch it from the Shogun 2 menu? Or perhaps that was an early discarded design... I guess we'll soon see.
    I saw that too. My guess is FotS use the same menu for players who have the two games make the whole thing easier to lunch.

As for the pre-load, if I remember right, it wasn't aviable for S2. I guess we'll have to wait two more days to find out.

Senior Member Captain Face-sploder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yoshisuke View Post
    I saw that too. My guess is FotS use the same menu for players who have the two games make the whole thing easier to lunch.

As for the pre-load, if I remember right, it wasn't available for S2. I guess we'll have to wait two more days to find out.
    Indeed it was, where were you :P

Senior Member Sergeant yoshisuke's Avatar

Really !? **** !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast