Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fall of the samurai and classic DLC

Junior Member Private

Default Fall of the samurai and classic DLC

Hey, i want to know, if Fall of the Samurai expansion will also benefit from the original game DLC? I mean, i bought Shogun 2 total war, then i stopped playing it for personal reasons. Now, i pre-ordered the fall of the samurai. Is there some point in buying the DLC, like Rise of The Samurai Campaign or The Hattori Clan Pack now? Thanks

Senior Member Captain Face-sploder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paylot View Post
    Hey, i want to know, if Fall of the Samurai expansion will also benefit from the original game DLC? I mean, i bought Shogun 2 total war, then i stopped playing it for personal reasons. Now, i pre-ordered the fall of the samurai. Is there some point in buying the DLC, like Rise of The Samurai Campaign or The Hattori Clan Pack now? Thanks
    They will not have any effect in fall of the samurai, only in shogun 2. Similarly, rise of the samurai and other DLC units will not be useable in fall of the samurai. I am not sure if the blood DLC works with fall of the samurai, however I am doubtful.

EDIT: The blood pack DLC does indeed work with fall of the samurai in both multiplayer and campaign mode

Member Lance Corporal

Blood pack works. And player who own Shogun 2 can play against those who own FotS? So it can be useful if you want to use Shogun 2 army with DLC units when playing vs. FotS general.

Junior Member Private

Good, thanks guys

Senior Member Field-Marshall Morgothic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pertsa View Post
    Blood pack works. And player who own Shogun 2 can play against those who own FotS? So it can be useful if you want to use Shogun 2 army with DLC units when playing vs. FotS general.
    Yes, Shogun 2's multiplayer IS (confirmed) compatible with FotS, as to not split the community into those who do have FotS, and those who don't. (Although people playing Shogun 2 are going to have a hard time beating a FotS player...)
    Fast like the wind,
    Silent like a forest,
    Intrusive like the fire,
    Immobile like a mountain,
    Under heaven and earth, I alone am feared.
    -Takeda Shingen

Yeah probably, but some hills and long range bows might eventually do the job :P
    Make a Medieval 3!
    More units.
    More interested in European history.
    Different cultures.
    More factions.
    Not that many gun powder troops, it's not a new Empire I want.

Senior Member Field-Marshall Morgothic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secuter View Post
    Yeah probably, but some hills and long range bows might eventually do the job :P
    And flanking, lots and lots of flanking! (Heavy cavalry will probably be indispecible when fighting Riflemen as well; fast, strong and agile.)
    Fast like the wind,
    Silent like a forest,
    Intrusive like the fire,
    Immobile like a mountain,
    Under heaven and earth, I alone am feared.
    -Takeda Shingen

+ Reply to Thread