Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Download everytime I want to play... [Solution - verify game cache]

Junior Member Private

Default Download everytime I want to play... [Solution - verify game cache]

Hi there,
    I recently purchased the Total War Shogun2 by Steam's store. Problem is that avery time I start to play it, I have to wait an hour downloading (again!) the game even that I've already download it. Is that so because I bought it online? (cause I never experienced that with my previous games (FM 11, COD, FalloutNV) that I bought from a store (DVD case).
    Could you please help?

Antonios

The Creative Assembly Master and Commander Will CA's Avatar

Hey Akokia,

We just released Fall of the Samurai along with a full title update today, so would you be able to confirm that you've fully updated the game?

If you have and you’re still having issues, have a look at the following thread and can see about getting you up and running.

Before-You-Post-in-the-Total-War-Shogun-2-Support-Forum-Please-Read-First!
    Rally Point: For up to date infomation on the latest Total War games and videos of my face.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Junior Member Private

Thank you for your reply Will!
    No, I did not buy expantions yet. I downloaded game by steam 3 days ago so I believe it is up to date. Truth is that I succesfuly installed it. I played two times, six hours total, and really enjoy the game (I am playing TW searies since first Shogun) without crashes or anything like that. My question is why do I have to wait 1-2 hours (downloading from 1 to 100% in the steam bar) everytime I press the play button (propably after shuting down my PC)? Is this usuall or did I miss something during installation? I didn't mention options like full install or partially install during first downloading-installation.
    Thank you
    Antonios

Senior Member Master and Commander Half Life Expert's Avatar

well there is a big update out today, maybe its that
    I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"Don't break the rules and you won't get banned, simple as that" -CraigTW on the HATG Thread

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

"A Strange Game. The only winning move is not to play"- W.O.P.R from Wargames (1983)

The WWI Thread: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...emed-total-war

The Creative Assembly Field-Marshall Nicklaus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by akokia View Post
    Thank you for your reply Will!
    No, I did not buy expantions yet. I downloaded game by steam 3 days ago so I believe it is up to date. Truth is that I succesfuly installed it. I played two times, six hours total, and really enjoy the game (I am playing TW searies since first Shogun) without crashes or anything like that. My question is why do I have to wait 1-2 hours (downloading from 1 to 100% in the steam bar) everytime I press the play button (propably after shuting down my PC)? Is this usuall or did I miss something during installation? I didn't mention options like full install or partially install during first downloading-installation.
    Thank you
    Antonios

There was a big patch released for Shogun 2 today alongside the FotS release. The patch is large because it allows you to play multiplayer games with players who own FotS (your Shogun 2 army versus their FotS army). Once you download this patch, you should be able to play Shogun 2 again with no problems.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Quick solutions to common FotS problems :
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ed-26-03-2012)

The Creative Assembly Master and Commander Will CA's Avatar

Hey Akokia,

It sounds like an update hasnt corrently downloaded, so what I would recomend is to close Shogun 2 and verify the integrity of the game cache.

To do this, right click Total War: SHOGUN 2 and select Properties. Form there, click the LOCAL FILES tab and select VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE. After that, leave steam to do its thing and once its finished, restart steam and then run Shogun 2.

If this does not fix your issue, have a look at this thread:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...Read-First!***
    Rally Point: For up to date infomation on the latest Total War games and videos of my face.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Junior Member Private

Problem solved with your kind help!! After I've done the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE
    Thank you so much
    Antonios

+ Reply to Thread