Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 crashes all the time

Member Lance Corporal haergar06's Avatar

Default Shogun 2 crashes all the time

Until I installed the Fall of the Samurai expansion, I haven't had too many problems with Shogun 2. After a long play session, the game would crash occasionally. Now it crashes every time I play sometimes after only a few minutes. I have all the latest drivers and Windows updates and I benchmark the game at 45 fps so I don't have my settings cranked too high.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
    Geforce 8800 GTX 768MB
    Pentium II dual-core 3.0 ghz
    4 GB of RAM (3 GB usable)
    300 GB of free hard disk space
    "Creative Assembly! O Creative Assembly! Give me back my $60!"
    ~Nathanius Augustus Caesar after playing the prologue to Total War: Rome II for the very first time

Junior Member Private

Unhappy Total War Shogun 2 has stopped working

It happens to me, too. I hope CA can fix this issue soon.(I already update my video card, verify integrity of game cache file.)

Moderator Master and Commander Billy Ruffian's Avatar

Difficult to tell too much without the full Dxdiag but could be this http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...rating-Systems
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions

Junior Member Private

Well i have also heard that there are been problem with this game and i think that most of users are facing, i was thinking to purchase but currently not gone, please tell me that i should go or not?

Junior Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwath-Shetty View Post
    Well i have also heard that there are been problem with this game and i think that most of users are facing, i was thinking to purchase but currently not gone, please tell me that i should go or not?
    It crashes twice within 10 mins when I try to play a sea battle map. I am a PC gamer for more than 12 years. This game is not fully test before sell it to the market. The land of whole Japan map is underwater after I finish the sea battle. (It happens 3 times.)
    I will say it is my first TW game and also my last one probably if CA can not do their job properly. I already done my part, I want to see what CA can do next. Therefore, If I am you, I will suggest you better wait.
    Last edited by Billy Ruffian; 03-26-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Junior Member Private

Got the same problem. But for me it crashes at: start of a battle, during a battle or whenever trying to save the game.

I sent this request to Sega about a problem with a game they publish I am having:

Mar 25 17:10 (PDT):
    I have Total War Shogun 2 from STEAM with all of the DLC including the Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai expansions. After the latest patch and expansion was downloaded Shogun 2 crashes often while playing the Rise of the Samurai game. It either crashes with no message or the "program has stopped working" message that closes after Windows finishes ending the program.

Attached are my system specs and Dxdiag info.

Sega supports reply?

They considered my support ticket solved and told me install the latest drivers as that was the likely cause of any game problems. They then said if the problem persists I could reopen my ticket and submit my dxdiag info and error messages I am getting.

They didn't even read my request. And added a day to my issue. Why can't I work for tech support. I am obviously smarter than them.
    ~Nathanius Augustus Caesar after playing the prologue to Total War: Rome II for the very first time

Junior Member Private

Let me know what solutions they offer you. I'm going to request a full refund from Steam and/or Sega after work tomorrow if no resolution or fix can be found.

I'm still waiting for a reply. It is now three days and I still haven't gotten a reply. I already fixed the problem by trolling the forums and doing a crazy mess with my VRAM settings, but I want a reply from SEGA and to make them aware there game has issues with 32-bit Windows.

The Creative Assembly Field-Marshall Nicklaus's Avatar

Thanks for updating, we are aware of the issues with 32-bit Windows and are looking into it. You'd be better off using the support forums to make us aware of your issues, since any messages to SEGA will have to be looked at and then sent to us, so using these support forums is more direct. I'm glad you fixed your issue (Did Billy's suggestion help?), and as stated we're looking into it.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Quick solutions to common FotS problems :
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ed-26-03-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast