Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 182 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1816

Thread: What you want to see in the next Total War ?

Senior Member Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon003 View Post
    Why not make China: Total War? There are a lot of fighting between the 7 states who want to unite China.
    I would like that too

Think about it, even the minor state Zhong Shan has tens of thousands of soldiers :P
    Last edited by Iquabakaner; 03-30-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Member Lance Corporal King Maker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysius the Mighty View Post
    These are my thoughts on why I think a Victoria Total War is a good future title. Copied over from the old boards.

--

Having been chatting to some people on Steam, I've been convinced to actually write down my thoughts on why Victoria Total War is my preferred choice of era for the next Total War title, and some ideas on how I think it could work. So I'm going to quickly lay out some proposals for how I think the game could function, and what it could feature.

Time Period

My ideal time period would be 1815-1915. Napoleon Bonaparte has just been defeated, and a new age of global expansion, technological innovation and communication is beginning. This allows for a lot of technological advances, covers many major wars and political events. For instance:

* American Civil War
    * Crimean War
    * Franco-Prussian War
    * Zulu Wars
    * Third Anglo-Maratha War
    * Boer War
    * Opium War
    * Unification of Italy
    * Unification of Germany
    * Russo-Japanese War
    * Scramble for Africa
    * South American Independence Wars
    * Westward expansion of the USA/Wars against Mexico

Map Area

There's only really one possible map for this title - global. I started out with a list of which areas should be covered, but it soon turned into a list of the entire world!

Technologies

Steam technologies for industry and railways would obviously be very important. As well as that, naval technology advances from massive wooden sailing ships to ironclads, to steamships with paddlewheels, then screw propellers, before finally ending up with the mighty Dreadnaughts. Communication also improves with the invention of the telegraph and improvements in transportation like trains and improved shipping. In military terms, the development of the breech loading rifle eventually replacing the musket, improved artillery, the development of the machine gun. Also, the changing uniforms could be covered by technologies. In Empire, researching techs already changes the appearance of your units. So if Victoria Total War features maybe three or four different types of uniforms (Napoleonic, mid 19th Century, late 19th Century, and Khaki for instance) and different types of headgear (Shakoes, Pith Helmets and WWI style helmets for example) with each changed tied to a technology. So as you advance through the technology of the period your armies will change their appearance.

Playable Factions

Some possibles that spring to mind:

* Great Britain
    * France
    * Prussia
    * Russia
    * Austria
    * Ottoman Empire
    * United States
    * Mexico
    * Maratha Confederacy
    * China
    * Japan

Personally, I would much rather see this title than a dedicated WWI Total War. A Victoria title would have so much more potential for variety and open ended gameplay than a title dedicated to the First World War, which would end up being even more linear and with a smaller scope than Napoleon! Now, don't get me wrong, I like Napoleon a lot, but I think CA could be barking up the wrong tree slightly by making future titles smaller, more focused on an individual or specific conflict. Total War should be about epic, sweeping campaigns across continents and oceans, being able to take the Austrians and invade Mexico, or play as an Indian faction and launch an invasion of Europe. I think that a Victoria title will give CA a massive opportunity to show what Warscape can do, before potentially then going back to look again at more ancient periods of history.

Good ideas but instead call it

Total War: World at War

Since the period 1815-1915 includes conflict all over the World, i think a base game, with DLC "conflicts" would work....Since we are a community divided sometimes on which TW Titles would be too boring (ACW Total War for instance) Let the gamer choose which direction to go ...only add the conflict that happened between this time period that HE or SHE wants to....it might work
    Last edited by King Maker; 03-30-2012 at 04:20 AM.

"Those who foolishly sought power by riding the back of the Tiger, ended up inside" JFK

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or Sega

Junior Member Private

Default ideas for totalwar games

would'nt it be cool to have a totalwar game for the second world war with a new style of gameplay reworked to fit with that kind of battle and campaign but with the totalwar signature

Senior Member Corporal

yeah I agree victoria tw is neither appealing nor enough as a title

Senior Member Corporal

just read an interview of mike Simpsons asst eurogamer http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ative-assembly
    we won't see med3 or shogun3 soon wich is not surprising. Rome 2 is still an option or a new game

Junior Member Private

I like the Rome TW in series most.But I don't want next total war to be Rome 2.Because I don't really satisfy current overview of Shogun 2.Today game's graphic properties and overview is not ready to release Rome 2 yet(I think). I want Rome 2 much better than Shogun 2(including fall of the Samurai). So we need a new medium total game to stop releasing Rome 2 next. The longer we wait,the better Rome 2 will be. So we must choose new medium TW game carefully. Next popular total war games are Rome 2,Fantasy,World War 1 or 2,Ancient Greece and so on. At first,Rome 2,we need to wait for great improvements(I hope so). Second,Fantasy,I think that is not a bad idea but Mythology TW will be greater than that(Achilles_Aemilius, your idea.I am also AoM fan). Third, World war TW ,that is the worst idea ever for TW series. TW is famous in old age and must be stay away from modern warfare(including WW). There was many WW strategy games in PC platforms. So this idea will be think later. My idea is to create TW Three kingdoms. That will be one of the suitable ideas(I think). With not so many unit type but many warlords and warriors with numerous ability and techniques. Other TW members have many ideas of add on game plays(I don't want to ask details,their ideas are better than me). I(including other members) want to release TW three kingdoms or TW Mythology before Rome 2. Mythology will be greater than Three kingdoms.(Also good ideas)
    Last edited by flamingsychic; 03-30-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Senior Member Corporal

med3 won't happen for years! as for Rome 2 why wait? a Rome 2 based on an upgraded version of tws2 would be awesome. to wait is as logical as wait to buy a PC: sure the longer you wait the better it can be but the wait could be endless. one day they'll do a Rome 3. it's been 8 years and Rome 2 has not even be announced how long must we wait 10 years? 15 years?

Senior Member Corporal

I don't like the idea of focusing a TW game on a war. A TW game should be focused on a time period, a period with MANY wars, and diplomacy. Say if it's a WW1 TW then you're forced to either join the war with your allies or betray them. This isn't the way a TW game should work. I want a game about WW1 too. But if it's a TW game to be made, it should be focusing on the entire beginning of the 20th century, not WW1 itself. You should be able to play diplomacy freely, not to be limited by a bunch of ongoing wars and existing alliances.

I saw many ppl wanting a Three Kingdoms TW. Seriously? Do you know how many games about the Three Kingdoms were made? I say 9 out of 10 Chinese historical games is about the Three Kingdoms. I'm bored of it.

Senior Member Sergeant Hunter_X22's Avatar

About WW1 why not include the Victorian era, and then end the game with WW1. Say start in 1800s and end at like 1920.

Senior Member Corporal

I think CA should focus on the Asia continent rather than go back to Europe. I do not want to see another focused campaign playing only as Chinese or Japanese but rather multiple nations ranging from the Japan all the way to Turkey; maybe including all the way down to Australia. This would be refreshing i think. As for the time period it does not matter to me, it will be fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 182 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 ... LastLast