Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hegemonia City States Beta 0.99 released!

Junior Member Private Karl von Sachsen's Avatar

Default Hegemonia City States Beta 0.99 released!

i was going to to write a prelude for the release but who cares...

just download...

Hegemony City States BETA V.0.99

Other links for downloading

uploaded by :

ROFL Copter: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20697...tes+V+0.99.exe

by Sentrywatch: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20698...tes+V+0.99.exe

READ the instructions to avoid frequently problems

Instructions

cause of unexperience the shortcut that you will see on your desktop will be useless.
    create a new shortcut from the Barbarian Invasion.exe and in the command line replace with the following:

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm

or if this is not your directory use the command extension:

-mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm

also read THIS

some other useful instructions

1.the mod needs a clean installation of rome and barbarian invasion,you can have other mods but but in their modfolders like heg.

2.if you want to reload a save while you are in the campaign map,or you want to return to the main menu and start a new campaign
    press "esc" when the scroll with the quit option shows hit the "?" on the top right corner,this will terminate the background script and you will not face script problems on yout reloaded or new game.

3.the ctds in the campaign map are always the same and for the same reason?i tried almost everything and didnt had a problem,it might be my unresolved problem...i need to know the cities that were besieged when these ctds appeared,it might has to do with the background script.

4. the folder of the mod is called "hcs" and it should be in the folder that is called "BI"

1- In your game folder (in program files), right-click with your mouse on the RTW-BI.exe (or other Barbarian Invasion exe if it has another name on your PC).
    And click "Create shortcut" in the menu.

2- Now you will have another file in your game folder called "Shortcut to RTW-BI". Rename this file to f.ex. "Hegemonia" altho this is not necessary, it will be easier to remember which one you need next time you play.
    You can put this file anywhere you want, either leave it in the game folder or move it to your desktop.

3- Right-click with your mouse on the newly created shortcut file, and select 'Properties'

4- In the properties menu, the first edittable line (not sure what it's called in English, something like Target? in Dutch) will say:
    "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" or something similar.

Copy-paste this info behind that Target line:
    Code:
    -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm
    So now it will say something like:
    "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm

5- Click OK to close the Properties menu, and use this new shortcut (called Hegemonia if you changed the name) to play the game.

Attention

for avoiding some problems in siege battles use normal size units
    large and huge might cause a unit-moving problem

Suggestion

if i were you the first thing i would do it would be to play a custom battle
    in Athens in an Ionian Metropolis with Walls

Saving

For some weird reason I can't save a game:

If you start a new campaign without exiting the background script, you can't save/load games anymore.

So, after you play Athens (or whatever campaign you play first), press ESC to go to the exit menu, but before you exit or load another campaign, press the big ? in the upper corner of the menu.

Now the script is terminated, and you can play a different campaign without problems.

and there's no need to exit/restart the whole RTW

--------------

the mods folder is still a construction site so dont expect a clean and shiny folder

report any bugs or CTDs on the bug report thread

anyone who wants to make a patch or smth feel free to

thanks to anyone who have been a part of hegemonia either as a team member

or a fan (although some of these guys are big whinners) for the last 6 years

enjoy!

Jarlaxe
    Starlightman

Many thanks to friends who helped out, many thanks to my friend Jarlaxe "the baker boy"...

after that release music pack is on the move....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
    in 3-4 years, who knows....

anyone who wants to help making Hegemonia better feel free to pm

Starlighman -Hegemonia Previews-

just follow the links to your like

Hegemonia NEW music theme,battle cries and voices

Hegemonia 2D art,userbars,sigs,wallpapers

Hegemonia Factions,Units,Animations,Family member avatars

Hegemonia NEW strategy map features!!!

- Supported Sub Mods and Fan Projects -

Here you will a find a list of fan made add on's. Please feel free to use and leave a comment if you wish.

If you would like to include your own works within this thread then please submit your works here.

And lastly a big thanks to everyone of them for their time

------ Roma Surrectum II Battlemap Environments -------------------------------------------------------

From ToonTotalWar:

Roma Surrectum II Battlemap Environments

thanks to the RSII team for the creation and permission to use!

------ Longer Movement Distance For Characters ---------------------------------------------------------

From Spartan198

Longer Movement Distance For Characters

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Regards.
    Last edited by Karl von Sachsen; 03-31-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Junior Member Private

Hi I have installed the mod and created the shortcut and when I try to load game it only shows a blank black screen but I still have sound can you help with theis if not can ou give me a link to a thread or something that can thanks

+ Reply to Thread