Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where can I find synopses of the various mods out there?

Senior Member Sergeant-Major Maklodes's Avatar

Default Where can I find synopses of the various mods out there?

With some mods, like Third Age: Total War (turn it into LotR) or Broken Crescent (focus it around the Middle East rather than Europe), it's pretty obvious what the "big idea" of the mods are. However, with others, I don't quite know where to start. When I try to answer a question like "what are the pros and cons of Stainless Steel, Darthmod, Lands to Conquer, Deus Lo Vult, HRR, and The Long Road," I find myself in an endless list of minor features: this mod adds dismounted mailed knights, that mod gives the Byzantines more gunpowder units and gives them Greek flamethrowers, etc. If I find a summary page on Stainless Steel or something, it won't be an overview of SS as a whole, but rather just what's changed between Stainless Steel 6.0 and Stainless Steel 6.1 or something.

Basically, what I'd like would be to find a site which basically reviews the mods and summarizes their main objectives, and how well they achieve those objectives, in about a page per mod or so.

Moderator Master and Commander Sasu's Avatar

Not quite sure what you're looking for, or where to find it. The mods are showcased and can be found through here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3. It could be that some of the introductions are a bit lacking.

Here are some of them reviewed: http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/10/19/10...otal-war-mods/

Team Gunpowder

Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    When in doubt, check the stickies
    After every download, verify integrity of game cache

Fickle is the lady Fora

Senior Member Sergeant-Major Maklodes's Avatar

The PC Gamer article is pretty good. It's about what I'm looking for, except for the fact that a lot of the mods aren't Medieval II, and many of the Medieval II mods that I'm interested in aren't in it.

Basically, what's the difference between Stainless Steel, Lands to Conquer, The Long Road, etc, in broad terms? Is one focused on multiplayer battles, while the other is focused on the grand campaign? What are the strengths and weaknesses of each? Etc.

Junior Member Private PFC_Church's Avatar

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/m...ar/review.html
    It usually give a detailed account of wat exactly has changes.
    Pro's and con's are decided by the users and most the time leave comments. You really just have to play them to figure out exactly YOUR pros and cons are. Different players playthem differently.
    "You sir! Cake or death?"

+ Reply to Thread