Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No occupying region options?

Senior Member Corporal Flaminius's Avatar

Default No occupying region options?

Hey guys. am new to this game and I was wondering if such feature existed or not.

From my very limited experience it seems there is no such feature, you only get to occupy a settlement, without being given the option or looting/exterminating etc.

That raises some problems when you take over settlements with different confessions.

So I was wondering, what is your approach?
    Proud owner of

-- Rome: Total War Gold Edition
    -- Medieval II: Total War & Kingdoms
    -- Total War: SHOGUN 2 (all DLC included)

Not so proud of

-- Rome Expansions
    -- Empire & Napoleon: Total War GOTY

Member Lance Corporal

Empire doesn't have an option to occupy regions like in Medival 2 Total War, you just outright annex that region in your nation.

When you capture a region, you occupy it peacefully. And that is because of the 'civilized' era.

If you want some money, AND you want that money specifically by raiding and looting, you can blockade your enemy's land or sea trade routes. This gives you some income which you looted from the traders and merchants.

Napoleon has this option however. You can raze cities and damage the buildings (probably kill some population too), but it is different from Medieval II as it increases revolt risk instead of decreasing it.

Hm, well then, how can you cope with civil unrest as a result of occupying a city?

Algeries, for instance, is 100% Muslim, got issued a warning letter and I fear the worse.
    Proud owner of

Not so proud of

-- Rome Expansions

Member Lance Corporal

@Flaminius, in Algiers you'll need to exempt taxes, destroy any educational buildings, and any Islamic religous buildings, and build churches to convert Algiers to Catholicism. Also I would sent priests into Algiers as well which will help convert the population.

Quote Originally Posted by pretrib View Post
    @Flaminius, in Algiers you'll need to exempt taxes, destroy any educational buildings, and any Islamic religous buildings, and build churches to convert Algiers to Catholicism. Also I would sent priests into Algiers as well which will help convert the population.
    Thanks, will try and do that
    Proud owner of

Not so proud of

-- Rome Expansions

Moderator Master and Commander Sasu's Avatar

Changing the religion is a bit tricky. 100% islamic people will be happier than when the percentages divide. People seem to be happy only when you have 100% religion and converting can take surprisingly long. If I take over a region with 100% religion, other than my own, I won't try to convert the people.

Team Gunpowder

Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    When in doubt, check the stickies
    After every download, verify integrity of game cache

In Internet, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you're right.

Administrator and Co-Lead Moderator Master and Commander Dionysius the Mighty's Avatar

Make sure you use Dragoons in your garrisons, as they provide a bonus to public order.

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions

+ Reply to Thread