Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wow, so there is no rifle friendly fire?

Member Lance Corporal

Default wow, so there is no rifle friendly fire?

That explains why I'm having so much trouble winning in this game, I was using logic in my strategies!
    I just tested a custom battle with 3 yari kachi vs 3 enemy yari kachi, but i had 2 matchlock kachi behind my lines.
    Without making even the slightest effort to get a good view to shoot the enemies, I simply shot through the back of my own lines.
    I obviously annihilated the enemy, but to my horror the stat screen showed that I had absolutely no friendly fire casualties :|

What is this ****? Even back in empire friendly fire was a big thing to watch out for...
    Is this how everyone is winning? Shooting behind their own lines with ghostly bullets?
    All this time trying to set up elaborate flanking countercharges that would leave the enemies charge open to fire....and I could just autopilot. Oh boy.

Any additional insight into this?
    Is this how you play?

There's friendly fire... Trust me. When using units of carbine cavalry, if they are on fire at will and moving, sometimes members of the units shoot their own men. I always put them on
    Hold fire when moving, then fire at will when they're stationary. It's in game.

Senior Member Field-Marshall andferpa's Avatar

It is in game, James M said it, are you sure there were no friendly fire casualties?
    Andokides
    All war is based on deception.
    Sun Tzu
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
    Sun Tzu
    A leader is a dealer in hope.
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters.
    Alexander the Great
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
    William Shakespeare.

Junior Member Private

I've seen a full unit of my front line men shoot at the last 4 enemies men that my Katina unit was engaged in and it killed the 4 and around 6 of my men it is there!

Member Lance Corporal

Yeah I checked the enemies kill count vs my loss count and the ff was zero. Guess my kachi were just really friggin' lucky!

Junior Member Private

Yup, need to stop arty fire when I send in my cav to cut down routing enemies.

Senior Member Brigadier

the troops also wont fire if there isnt a clear line of sight. other troops infront of them will stop them from shooting however some of the men in the unit that do have a clear line of sight will shoot. the AI was improved alot since we last saw mass line infantry.

Junior Member Private

Attackad a artillery whit yari behind a unit of bears. they turned around and shoot at me and the artillery and only one out of 20 crew members was shoot down. Think ff is on but it doesent do that much.

Basically, a soldier will try not to shoot through a friendly to get to an enemy. They'll most definitely shoot eachother if you get a crossfire going though.

Senior Member Corporal

Default Safety is on for missile units

Quote Originally Posted by Mandarax View Post
    Basically, a soldier will try not to shoot through a friendly to get to an enemy. They'll most definitely shoot eachother if you get a crossfire going though.
    I second that. I notice all missile units simply will not fire if friendly soldiers are blocking the line of fire.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast