Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Third age total war bug version 3.1

Junior Member Private

I installed the 3.1 patch

Junior Member Private

Also i have just reinstalled the game and it still crashes anyway i don't think i changed my time during dst so i should be okay

Any luck getting it going yet,if not try this it may help right click on your TATW desktop icon,click on properties at bottom,in the panel that opens click on compatability top left corner i think,then check to make sure that the compatability thats listed matches your OS if not select the 1 that does match your OS click on apply at bottom then Ok close ,start game see if it helps.My OS is Win7 but in the compatability section it was showing Win Xp with service pack3 changing it helped stabilize my game.Also are you able to play Custom and Historical battles without crashes.

Junior Member Private

Where is the box to adjust the DST?

Junior Member Private

I have the same problem, so I came to this thread and read and installed 3.1 but the error is still there. Plz help

Junior Member Private

I also have Win7 but when I opened it there was no Win7, does Vista work as Win7?

Junior Member Private

When I tried to Debug compatibility it took me to a point where it said "The designated searchway does not contain a valid program" (translation from swedish). could this be the problem?

Senior Member Captain Helepolis's Avatar

I had this problem, turning off day light savings time and turning your time back an hour is what fixed mine, seems to work for alot of people.

Junior Member Private

Default How to turn off Daylight Saving Time on a Windows PC

Junior Member Private

Battle Crashes

To solve this you need to go into Third_age_3/Data/World/Maps/Base and delete the file Maps.rwm this should solve the problem.

Also might be clock settings for computer should not be on automatically adjust for daylight saving time.

You only need to delete Maps.rwm the once, it is a regenerative file so it will recreate when you start the game but it shouldn't cause problems. The other thing to try is to go into Data/Text and delete everything ending in Strings.bin these too are regenerative but again only delete the once. if that doesn't work post back and we'll try something else.

to find desr_geography_new go into the Data folder and scroll down. I myself haven't had to delete this file before to get the game to work, but for some it has worked - i have 12 versions of this game downloaded all with different submods.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast