Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noob Question: How do i replenish general's body guard?

Senior Member Colonel

Question Noob Question: How do i replenish general's body guard?

Few days ago I started playing medieval total war 2... I have played napoleon shogun 2 (including FoTS) and empire so getting adjusted to medieval 2's basic concept was pretty okay. However, one thing i just couldn't understand was how to replenish my general's body guard... They don't seem to replenish themselves and I can't retrain them... What am i supposed to do?

Senior Member Sergeant-Major Maklodes's Avatar

Generals' bodyguards do replenish for free, but I'm uncertain of the exact mechanics. It's possible that your general needs to end turn in a city or castle before bodyguard gets replenished. (Maybe you even need to spend a turn in a settlement without moving). I wish I were more certain.

Senior Member Colonel

hmm that's odd... i was pretty sure that I had put my general stayed in the town for more than one turn......may be i can be wrong... okay thanks for the tip

Senior Member Captain TheImperatorofRome's Avatar

I think that it replenishes 1 man per turn or per two turns, i cant remember. But over time, the general unit does replenish on its own so theres no need to panic about replenishing.

Senior Member Colonel

You can retrain the General's Bodyguard unit to take advantage of certain upgrades but that doesn't replentish them. They do replentish on their own over time but I can't remember what the exact mechanics/rates are. They may replentish faster is upgraded settlements but that is just a theory.

+ Reply to Thread