Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai Constantly Crashes [Solution 32bit workaround]

Member Private

Default Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai Constantly Crashes [Solution 32bit workaround]

Hello everyone! I have a problem with Shogun 2 FotS. The thing is, it constantly crashes, which hasn't happened before I bought FotS. Everything was fine, I had the original Shogun 2 and Rise of the Samurai, and it didn't crash THAT much as it does now. I've tried everything, verifying game cache, changing DX 10 to DX 9, I've tried the workaround (Prepare the operating system to be able to use beyond 2GB address space with a userva of 2.5GB). Nothing works. I am using Darth Mod, but even before I had it game crashed. What is going on? Also, the crash occurs randomly, sometimes when I click end turn, sometimes during the loading screen, sometimes when I click on my fleet.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500
    2.93 GHz
    4 GB Ram (3,5 GB Usable)
    32-bit Operating System
    ATI Radeon 4800 Series

Member Private

I've uninstalled Darth Mod... no effect. It still crashes randomly and, what is more important, constantly.

Tech-Hero. Master and Commander Iscaran's Avatar

Did you delete the roaming folders (preferences and scripts files), too ? (%APPDATA%\The creative assembly\shogun 2
    Iscaran

Hero.

If you need help with a support request on these boards please read this and follow the instructions.

Member Private

I'll do that.

Member Private

The crashes don't occur that often anymore. But I did get this error: "Insufficient memory. Terminating."

Junior Member Private

Default i have the same problem

this is the worst total war game i have played or tried to. No matter what i do with this game it crashes £29.99 wasted, i have install it over and over again same result. Its now got to the point of main menu hit continue and crash, any help would be great or its the bin for the game.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Tech-Hero. Master and Commander Iscaran's Avatar

"Insufficient memory. Terminating."

=> Mad Boris. The game effectively wants to use this extra RAM you got but gets kicked because you are running just 32bit and thus are running into an adress space overflow.

Workaround that may help.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238484

If it does not solve the insufficient memory issue your ONLY choice is to upgrade to 64bit.

Some more background info:
    http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/200...es-of-ram.html
    Iscaran

Hero.

If you need help with a support request on these boards please read this and follow the instructions.

Member Private

I guess it worked. I'm not getting the insufficient memory crash anymore. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread