Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how to get help from your allies

Senior Member Captain TheImperatorofRome's Avatar

Most of the time, the only way which allies help is with trade (along with other trade partners) and if you want help on the battlefield, you better make sure that the battle is right next to an allied army or city, that way they have to help you out.

Senior Member Brigadier HeirofAlexander's Avatar

I have never experience that an ally will do the "Help war" thingy.

Actually, I only use allies so that I can feel a little more safe against attack. Other than that, I only have them for trade.

Senior Member Corporal crimson_shade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elfwood View Post
    My allies never help me in the war,,.. well I don't expect them to help me... and some of my allies declare war on me ,
    only Carthage and Numidia stayed as allies,,but they also did not help me in the war. But I help them against Rome.. and I took over one of Carthage's cities that Scipii had control of,, and then gave it back to Carthage for free .. aren't I kind as allies ?
    i know....i do this sometimes as well. i don't think the ai appreciates the player's kindness. later, when i try to make a nice deal with them they get all prideful and refuse. makes me regret being nice and go back there and teach them a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
    The most you can expect from your allies is that they wont attack you for a while(which may be to much as they will betray you eventually in most instances) You may get help from them at sea, or if they are besieging a city/fighting a army nearbye, but if that has happened know that they had no intention of helping you.
    exactly. i have yet to see (in any TW game) the ai deliberately setting up their guys near your army to help you.
    • Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    • Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
    • Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.
    Sun Tzu

most of the time as the julii the brutii(AI)helped me in my campaign against greece the roman households are more active then other factions. course the senate sits on its comfy seats and watches me conguer i sware i should burn rome to the ground but thats just me if the barbarians and greeks dont give me a challenge maybe rome can.anyways how the brutii helped was by being very agressive with there legionary and hastii forces by bashing the greek main forces while i kept thermon under my controled kept them so busy i have controled thermon for atleast 300 years from the greeks and now i control corinth and sparta along with most of france and two territories in spain.
    Last edited by chenshas; 04-13-2012 at 02:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2