Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [graphical bug] - Sea instead of Land - Tsunamis are part of the game ?

Hybrid View

Junior Member Private

Default [graphical bug] - Sea instead of Land - Tsunamis are part of the game ?

Hello all. Congrats for this great game. I bought it 2 days ago and can't stop playing solo since. But i have got a trouble while playing, so i post it here (i guess this is the better place to get an answer ?) :

when i play FOTS, about 20-30 rounds after i started, i play a battle, i win it, then i come back to the campaing map showing the countryside and there is a sea layer instead of a landscape' one.

I played twice (2 differents clans) and it happened the same, each time. It looks like a sudden flood.

A screenshot speaks better : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ealandbug.jpg/

Any advice ? Buying a canoe ?

Senior Member Sergeant HerrDoktor's Avatar

That's Global Warming caused by making too many factories.

Save the game and then reload the save. Also may want to update video drivers if they are old.

Junior Member Private

- Lol HerrDoktor.

- AggonyRom : thx for the advice !

I reloaded it but it doesn't change it. The sea is still here once the bug appeared.

I started a new game today and i had the same trouble again. I can describe it more precisely :

It occurs when i siege a town --> then the besieged army decides to attack me --> and we go through the battlemap --> then i win (i play regular) --> and when i quit the battlemap to the campaing map --> THERE IT IS, the flood !

And the bug never occurs when the battlemap fight is "frontal" (means "not related to a town").
    And the bug never occurs when the fight was related to a town but where i decided to roll the IA dices (saving battlemap phase).

So it's specificaly a bug related to a battle when i'm attacking a town. Strange, isnt' it ? :

I wil try with new drivers tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ramemard; 04-10-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Member Lance Corporal Gorocentral's Avatar

used to happen to in Empire and Napoleon... pretty common glitch

Junior Member Private

Thx, Goro. What was the remedy, in these similar cases ?

Administrator Master and Commander AlJabberwock's Avatar

Moved

Moving this to Support. Dollars to doughnuts we are going to need a DxDiag. MOST likely you have one or more of the following

1)32 bit OS
    2)Old or corrupted Driver
    3)XP
    4)Insufficient Vram
    5)Insufficient System Ram
    6)More than one of the above.

Memory, memory address, and driver/OS issues can result in the terrain not getting rendered- if Terrain height is equal to zero, you sea water. Sea? LOL

When you see this moved to support, go to the sticky in the general support section labelled "Before you post in the support section..." or something like that and read the first post on how to post a DxDiag and what information to include.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l=1#post118784

Al
    Last edited by AlJabberwock; 04-12-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    "Do what I mean, not what I say!"
    ~Marvin Dodd

Forum Rules

Senior Member Corporal TheLastTemplar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlJabberwock View Post
    Moved

Moving this to Support. Dollars to doughnuts we are going to need a DxDiag. MOST likely you have one or more of the following

1)32 bit OS
    2)Old or corrupted Driver
    3)XP
    4)Insufficient Vram
    5)Insufficient System Ram
    6)More than one of the above.

Memory, memory address, and driver/OS issues can result in the terrain not getting rendered- if Terrain height is equal to zero, you sea water. Sea? LOL

When you see this moved to support, go to the sticky in the general support section labelled "Before you post in the support section..." or something like that and read the first post on how to post a DxDiag and what information to include.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l=1#post118784

Al
    lol plenty of reasons why that could happen then!

Junior Member Private

too bad that the game it self isnt mentioned. i get it after the first or second battle so it could be some kind of memory leak or something the game does and it shows only when using 32bit xp. i had this expansion for 18 days and maybe played 10 turns in total.

The Creative Assembly Field-Marshall Nicklaus's Avatar

Either updating your video drivers or using this should solve the problem: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...rating-Systems
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Quick solutions to common FotS problems :
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ed-26-03-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast