Thread: How do I install the Mod Lord Of Rings

Junior Member Private

Exclamation How do I install the Mod Lord Of Rings

Hello

Can the news

How do I install the Mod Lord Of Rings
    And how I could of the game

You should post this on the Rome tw mods forum
    http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...-Rome-TW-Mods?
    I can't help you, good luck
    Fortune, which has a great deal of power in other matters but especially in war, can bring about great changes in a situation through very slight forces.
    Julius Caesar

Junior Member Private

Exclamation How do I install the Mod Lord Of Rings

Hello

Can the news

How do I install the Mod Lord Of Rings
    And how I could of the game

Junior Member Private

Thank you my friend

Junior Member Private

Unhappy

Please

I want to answer

Junior Member Private

Please

Help me

Moderator Master and Commander DenmarkRules's Avatar

TATW 3.0 Part1
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-...r-30-part-1of2
    TATW 3.0 Part2
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-...r-30-part-2of2

Installation:
    Requirements:
    - TATW 3.1 is a stand-alone version and does not require any existing installations of TATW!
    - If you have installed a previous version of TATW, it is recommended to delete the old version before installing TATW 3.1.
    (Note that TATW doesn't change any registry settings of your system, so you can also delete the old TATW folder (Third_Age) manually.)
    - TATW 3.1 requires the 'Medieval 2 - Kingdoms Expansion' and is compatible with the official patch 1.04 and 1.05. One installed campaign of the 'Kingdoms Expansion' is enough.

Installation:
    - Install TATW_3.0_Part1of2.exe, TATW_3.0_Part2of2.exe & TATW_3.1_Patch.exe into the default 'Medievall II Total War' directory.
    (Normally this is: 'Programs/SEGA/Medieval II Total War')
    If you have installed Medieval II into another folder, please select the folder manually.
    - Start the mod with the 'Third Age - Total War' shortcut on your desktop

Installation for Steam users only:

1. Install the 3 Parts of the mod as instructed above.
    2. Open Steam/Steamapps/Common/Medieval II Total War/mods. There you will find all your installed Kingdoms campaigns as well as the Third_Age_3 modfolder.
    3. Edit the name of one of the Kingdoms folders (americas, britannia, crusades, teutonic), preferably your least favorite campaign. The new name doesn't have to be anything specific.
    4. Change the name of the Third_Age_3 folder to the former name of the Kingdoms folder you just edited. For example, if you edited the americas folder, the Third_Age_3 folder should be named americas.
    5. Select the appropriate campaign from the steam menu. If you renamed the Third_Age_3 folder to americas, select the americas campaign. If you named it crusades, select the crusades campaign and so on.
    6. Steam will now launch the mod.

If you have installed 3.0 and renamed your folders before you have installed the 3.1 Patch:

- If you have already renamed the "Third_Age_3" folder of TATW 3.0 to one of your 'Kingdoms' campaigns (for example to "americas") install the patch normally.
    - After the installation, move the files of the newly created "Third_Age_3" folder to the renamed folder manually.
    (For example cut the content of the "text" folder from the newly created "Third_Age_3" folder and paste it into the "text" folder of your "americas" folder.)
    Note: The "models_missile" folder has to be copied to the normal ".../Medieval II Total War/data" folder!
    - The "Third_Age" folder can then be deleted.

Alternatively you can use the Kingdoms Launcher App.

"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Senior Member Colonel The Kestrel's Avatar

Sorry to be off topic, but I would recommend the Medieval II mod as more true to the "feel" of the battles of Middle-Earth. Hope it works out for you either way. Have fun.

+ Reply to Thread