Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hotfix patch notes (11th April 2012)

Senior Member Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTso View Post
    It is so unfair that we purchased both the game FotS and the latest 7XXX series card and still have no solution for fixing the lock up bug from both CA and AMD.
    Hopefully you learned why not to buy "brand new". Wait a little and you will spend less AND have less bugs to deal with.

Member Lance Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by bb82 View Post
    Hopefully you learned why not to buy "brand new". Wait a little and you will spend less AND have less bugs to deal with.
    It's terrible that this is necessary.

Senior Member Corporal YoungGrognard's Avatar

They still haven't fixed the biggest one, the broken mouse camera controls.

However let's be calm, because we all know that when Total War games come out they always have lots of bugs and it takes them a few months after release to fix the major ones.

Just be patient and play other games until they fix them. It's the same with all Total War games. Wait a few months after release before playing.

By the way - C.A. have stated that the mouse-camera problem has been logged last week and they are working on fixing it. It will probably be fixed in the *next* patch.
    Last edited by YoungGrognard; 04-13-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Senior Member Master and Commander Naisho's Avatar

edited post

I hope more good changes appear in the future.
    Last edited by Naisho; 04-15-2012 at 09:36 AM.
    1---/\__/\
    1=(O-"-O)=/\
    1--- / | | \--/ -|
    1---| \-/ \-_ /
    1--( Neko )

Naisho the Neko

"You have raised assorted issues under what might be termed a “I-don’t-like-it because-I-say-it’s-not-historical” banner. This isn't quite the same as "justified", I'm sorry to say." -MikeB

Moderator Master and Commander daelin4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrudgeNL View Post
    I dont think they'll answer any time soon. I sent a PM/email to CA a couple of times ( no answer), AMD stopped responding my email. No one from CA replies on the AMD issue thread. It'll get fixed... eventually.
    Not much point answering those kinds of PMs and emails. What should they do, personalize a version of "We get it you hate this and want to nag us to death about it we're doing the best we can?" every time? IMO the only PM?email worth sending to them is anything that might be new information on the subject. Not "Well when you get this done CA?" I'd prefer they spend their time working on the fix then reading emails reminding them about it.

EDIT: Several posts deleted. This is not the last patch they're gonna make people, wait for them to finish the rest.
    Last edited by daelin4; 04-15-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    Total War Terms and Conditions
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    Total War: ROME II Political Guide
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code][code] in your post.

Senior Member Master and Commander GrudgeNL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    Not much point answering those kinds of PMs and emails. What should they do, personalize a version of "We get it you hate this and want to nag us to death about it we're doing the best we can?" every time? IMO the only PM?email worth sending to them is anything that might be new information on the subject. Not "Well when you get this done CA?" I'd prefer they spend their time working on the fix then reading emails reminding them about it.

EDIT: Several posts deleted. This is not the last patch they're gonna make people, wait for them to finish the rest.
    All the emails / PM's towards CA and AMD were informative and deff not any form of complaining. If I don't receive any answer, I think it's reasonable to ask why I don't get an answer. If I still don't get an answer, I have a reason to get a little bit frustrated.

It's always easy for people who don't have major issues with a game, to overlook how a person feels who can't even play their game properly. And, after a month waiting, I think it's fair to know if CA has progressed on this matter. Even if the answer is just: " We havent been able to track the problem yet."

The only thing that I have heard, was AMD's final answer, who admittedly said that new drivers might not fix the issue.(After 1 month of emails where they stated that their current Catalyst driver was the issue) And their final advice was to reinstall windows. ... That can be quite depressing. Especially after they also tell you to fill in an AMD form, you already filled in twice.
    Last edited by GrudgeNL; 04-16-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    Grudge's Mods

Senior Member Brigadier Colonel Mallard's Avatar

Thumbs up

The blood only appearing on the arm and head is a little immersion beaking. Blood appears on the whole body briefly before fading to just the arm and head. You need to pause to see it, it is a matter of milliseconds. I hope it doesn't stay like this and I presume it isn't meant to be like that, and is a bug. Perhaps the intent was to have blood appear on various parts of the body; a mix of whole body coverage, individual limb coverage and the less slightly less visible, (more tasteful, IMHO) effects from before the hotfix would please me...
    Last edited by Colonel Mallard; 04-16-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Grammar
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it...

"If at first you don't succeed, you fail."

this disaster... will have been preventable. I intend to tender my resignation... once it occurs.

Total War:Rome 2 - Rome Softer

Junior Member Private LazyArtifact's Avatar

In the beta, a lot of people, myself included, reported the camera bug (with UI elements messing with the edge detection and therefore camera rotation) and they logged it back then too. I guess they didn't think it was important enough to fix before release. That, and a lot of other stuff too. What a shame, because the game is **** fun, it's just rough around the edges and needs some polish. It seems they're more concerned with 'fixing' things that weren't broken in the first place, like ship hull icons, rather than going after real issues.

My favourite inconsequential bug is how your generals wives seem to be able to pump out a ridiculous amount of children in FOTS. I guess they didn't adjust the multiplier or something to reflect the more turns per year. It doesn't matter because the new children will never come of age in the campaign, but it's still pretty funny.

Senior Member Corporal

Any news?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3