Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using ships

Member Private

Default Using ships

Hello,

Is different bullets type affecting the range?
    I mean, using xplosive shells has same range as using the normal or fast bullets?
    Does someone has a stat about damage done by different ships? Wants to understand if more guns = more damage or not.

Brutus

Senior Member Major the bourgeoisie's Avatar

no, um it's not noticable, but explosive ammo has smaller range, whereas the armour piercing and solid shot has the range shown on the bar
    Fear God, Honor King

Senior Member Sergeant-Major Arcanum's Avatar

Of course more guns = more damage. More shells whizzing through the air means more will hit and therefore more damage.
    Ave Dominus Nox.

Member Private

Not always more guns=more damage.
    As example in Napoleon guns were having a calibre, and their power was not connected to number only, some ships were having less guns, but far more fire power, due to bigger calibre.

Thanks for answers.

Brutus

The frontal guns on the Kotetsu and the Gun Boats, I believe, deal extra damage. However I'm pretty sure every other cannon is the same in ship battles, it's just about how many.

AP has the longest range for ammo, followed by solid, then explosive. The ammo's accuracy goes in the same order. But then the damage is backwards, with AP doing the least and explosive the most (except to ironclad hulls, only AP will hurt them).

+ Reply to Thread