Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AI Mosques

Junior Member Private

Default AI Mosques

Not to sound like a broken record but I am really perplexed by this. Why don't Muslim factions construct Mosques? Is anyone else seeing this in their game? All of the Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox factions build Churches...and the Marathans have Ashrams EVERYWHERE they set foot, but I have never seen the AI build a Mosque/Madrassah. Unlike my last post, I am now asking if anyone else has this issue. Yes or no please. Your info is useful. Is their a patch for this? I've been playing ETW for almost 3 years and have never seen the AI build a Mosque...EVER!

Senior Member Field-Marshall Napoleon 2nd's Avatar

Well, i never really see ottoman Imans, only in the Balkans, but i know what you mean. Maybe they build them in Persia, or somewhere we can't see
    'It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the ones who are the most adaptable to change' Charles Darwin

But I have a thing for cannon...

Considering that there are only 2 major Muslim factions in the game, and incidently Persia is the only minor Muslim faction I guess they just did not program them to be aggressive enough. I have never noticed this however as it seems like when ever I take my European faction to India that there are enough Imams wondering around. Was the 18th century a period of Islamic expansion, anyway?
    For the appeasers back in the old country, Casa del Carthage was dangerously out of control!

Junior Member Private

The major factions do train Imams- if one happens to be recurited during the every third turn their mosque is in existance-they build madrassahs and then tear them down the next turn. The WHOLE game the Muslim factions will build then tear down the Mosque repeatedly. I have seen the minor factions with Imams-notably Persia and Mysore. However, if you notice, the major Muslim factions almost always become Republics because they have major religious conflict in their home regions (Rumelia for the Ottomans/ Hindustan for the Mughals). Colfax: I don't think this would necessarily be historical- I've seen the stupid Marathas invade Portugal and within 15 turns nearly 100% of the population of Portugal was Hindu. Napoleon 2: Send out spies, or if you share a border with the Ottomans, you will see. They almost always have an empty lot where they put a building. They just don't build them.

Senior Member Field-Marshall Napoleon 2nd's Avatar

Cheers ^ But maybe they don't hav the money or spend it on something else!
    'It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the ones who are the most adaptable to change' Charles Darwin

But I have a thing for cannon...

Junior Member Private

Bottomline: Ive never conquered a Muslim territory and found a Mosque there.

+ Reply to Thread