Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Imperial Special Unit?

Junior Member Private yebonstine's Avatar

Default Best Imperial Special Unit?

I have played all three of the imperial clans and im wondering if anyone has a favorite clan to choose on the basis of special unit.

Senior Member Master and Commander Naisho's Avatar

there is only 1 special unit for each faction, the Tosa Rifles, and Josai Yugitai (I know I spelled that wrong)
    1---/\__/\
    1=(O-"-O)=/\
    1--- / | | \--/ -|
    1---| \-/ \-_ /
    1--( Neko )

Naisho the Neko

"You have raised assorted issues under what might be termed a “I-don’t-like-it because-I-say-it’s-not-historical” banner. This isn't quite the same as "justified", I'm sorry to say." -MikeB

Senior Member Sergeant

The Chosu Kihetai are pretty darn cheesey - they are not a lot more expensive than line infantry and outclass them in every conceivable way.

Junior Member Private yebonstine's Avatar

Yes im sorry i did not state this more clear. for each clans special unit do you prefer one over the other and does it influence your decision when choosing a clan for a campaign.

Senior Member Brigadier Colonel Mallard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naisho View Post
    there is only 1 special unit for each faction, the Tosa Rifles, and Josai Yugitai (I know I spelled that wrong)
    No, imperials have the three types of bears, kihetai, imperial guard cav, and Tosa riflemen. Shogunate gets white tigers, vermillion birds, azure dragons, black tortoise, shinsengumi, shogitai, yugeketai and shogunate guard cav. Republic gets Republican guard cav, which is like a beefed up saber cav. Unit choice doesn't really affect my choice of campaign, and has no real effect on your gameplay. They are usually slightly more powerful versions of normal units, so the only difference playing as the Jozai will make to your choice of units is that you will get yugeketai instead of sharpshooters.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it...

"If at first you don't succeed, you fail."

this disaster... will have been preventable. I intend to tender my resignation... once it occurs.

Total War:Rome 2 - Rome Softer

+ Reply to Thread