Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Templar Knights & Papal States?

Default Templar Knights & Papal States?

Hi all,

is it possible for me to recruit the Templar Guild when I play as the Papal States??
    And does anyone know what the fastest way is to get this guild??

Senior Member Sergeant-Major Maklodes's Avatar

I'm not sure exactly how the rules of the Papal States when they're modded to be playable, but I think it's possible for the Papal States to attract Templars or Hospitallers. High chivalry governors gradually add "guild points" to the cities they govern in the case of knight chapter houses, making getting a guild possible (should take about 25 turns of a city being ruled by chivalry 4+ governors to do it (it doesn't have to be the same governor). Crusading also helps. (Yeah. As the Pope, you call a crusade. Then you join your crusade. Then you get a message saying that you're pleased with yourself, I suppose?)

You might get Hospitallers instead of Templars. Personally, I prefer Hospitallers anyway (I think most people do), but if you turn down the Hospitallers maybe the Templars will make an offer.

Senior Member Corporal Pope Innocent III's Avatar

not sure about templars, but im almost positive u can get hospitallers as the papacy. fastest way for hospitallers, which dont have the charge without orders trait that templars have, would be to take tunis and convert it to christianity. i believe once u get like 75% christianity and neighboring province is below 50% you can generally get the guild really quickly.

How do you call crusade with the Papacy? I found the guide on TWCenter to edit your scripts, but i was only able to call 1 crusade in like 30 attempts. i did find that if I ally with someone and we both are at war with the same faction they will often call a crusade and i can join that.
    Fortune favors the audacious.

As the papacy? I believe it works the same way it does when your playing as England for instance. Just ask a Crusade, since you're the pope he'll 'honour' your request.. But thanks for the reply, really hope it works with the Templars as well.. I mean THEY RULE!! Love the templars, they would be my favourite faction if that'd be possible.. Is there a mod btw that makes that possible?

without modding you cannot call a crusade with the papal states. although you are the pope you do not have any papal favour. You could play the Kingdom Grand Campaign Mod and choose Jerusalem. They get Templar Seargents and Marshall of the Templars plus you can get the Templar Guild for normal Templar Knights. dunno of any other mods have a version of the templars as a faction

and you mean by modding, editing the descr_events file or something?? because by doing this, you make the papacy a playable faction AND I can call a crusade

i found a guide on TWCenter that had me add a few lines of code to campaign_script. the only time it seems to work, and rarely, is when i call a crusade on Cairo or Jerusalem. its not the end of the world since i prefer my generals have dread than chivalry, but sometimes i would like the movement bonus, especially when trying to beat venice to the prize

yes, you're right.. The only crusades I actually call are on Jerusalem because after I have taken it, I expand by 'regular' wars..
    Is it btw possible for Milan to get the Templars Guild??

Senior Member General King Rufus's Avatar

I'm pretty sure any faction can get the Templar Guild if it controls the proper provinces and does 'militaristic things' in that province.
    "Organized chaos is your best friend, as it will always seem as pure chaos to your opponent."

My entrance into filmmaking. http://www.youtube.com/TripleGTrinity

Yes it is Possible to get Templars with Milan. You could have just loaded up the game and checked which buildings are accessible for them instead of posting this thread btw

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast