Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scripts?

Member Lance Corporal

Default Scripts?

I deleted everything in the scripts folder to try and fix the legal/splash screen. I reinstalled the game and the scripts are still gone. Does anyone know how to get them back? The game still doesn't work either....

Moderator Master and Commander Billy Ruffian's Avatar

The scripts should re-create themselves once you actually launch the game successfully.
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions

Member Lance Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ruffian View Post
    The scripts should re-create themselves once you actually launch the game successfully.
    Gotcha, do you know if CA has been working on the legal/splash screen error? I would actually like to be able to play my game.

The Creative Assembly Field-Marshall Nicklaus's Avatar

Have you gone into regedit and searched for Incredibar? In addition, try disabling all extensions in your web browser(s).
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Quick solutions to common FotS problems :
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ed-26-03-2012)

Member Lance Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklaus View Post
    Have you gone into regedit and searched for Incredibar? In addition, try disabling all extensions in your web browser(s).
    I disabled the extensions and I have no idea with what you mean as far as the "Incredibar".

Incredibar is malware that is difficult to detect via antivirus/anti-malware software. It is one of the main causes of the splash screen crash. The best way to see if it is the cause is to access regedit, and search for Incredibar.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Member Lance Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklaus View Post
    Incredibar is malware that is difficult to detect via antivirus/anti-malware software. It is one of the main causes of the splash screen crash. The best way to see if it is the cause is to access regedit, and search for Incredibar.
    Where would it normally be under? There is no search tab in regedit.

The Creative Assembly Lieutenant Griffinator's Avatar

press the edit button then look in the list (it could also be f3) find next and it should let you type in the box that will appear

Member Lance Corporal

Thanks! I never found it. Still have the issue

Try going to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2 and delete the following folders:

army_setups
    battle_preferences
    fx_cache
    ui_cache
    Scripts

If that does not work, exit Steam, then try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam and deleting the following:
    AppUpdateStats.blob
    ClientRegistry.blob

Then restart Steam (it will update) and try to validate Shogun 2. See if that helps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast