Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dark and foggy campaign map?

Senior Member Corporal

Default dark and foggy campaign map?

I'm not sure what's going on but there is a slight fogginess on the campaign map and in general it is kind of dark too. It's been like this since I first started playing it a couple weeks ago. I just become more annoyed with it the more I play.

I see that there is a brightness and gamma option. If I decrease gamma it becomes less foggy but it also gets darker. After some experimentation I found that slightly decreasing gamma while slightly increasing brightness helped. But are there any other graphical settings that might help?

I usually have it zoomed out so I guess that fogginess is the sky? Zooming forward close looks ok but I want to be zoomed out. In battles it is slightly dark too.

It's not a huge issue but it is annoying to constantly see a slightly dark and hazy/smoky campaign map. Suggestions?

Senior Member Sergeant Sierra419's Avatar

anyone? Here it is a year later and I cant freaking find a solution on google or on the forums. Its not my system (max settings with ease), not gamma/brightness, idk.

Senior Member Field-Marshall

Screenshot?
    This might be helpful for those still playing S2 MP:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=444087

Moderator Master and Commander Sasu's Avatar

Moved to the S2 Tech Support Forum.

Screenshot is not a bad idea. Also include your dxdiag as instructed here: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...Read-First!***.

Team Gunpowder

Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    When in doubt, check the stickies
    After every download, verify integrity of game cache

Fickle is the lady Fora

+ Reply to Thread