Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Key Buildings and their Effect on Multiplayer Balance

Senior Member General

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyCat View Post
    give me a clan group name, will make it simpler.
    I'm nominaly one of the mods of AngryPlayers then. But thats just so I can move the clan attack here target thingy since I'm the only player with a rank lower than 80,000

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/angryplayers

Banned General

Ah I see, dont get on much eh.

Senior Member Corporal Indypride's Avatar

Perhaps the coming patch on Monday will fix the key building issues and some other stuff? Not going to hold out hope but that would be pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Suchet View Post
    He means like company of heroes, or battlefield conquest mode where you start out with a certain number of points (or command points) and that you lose them slowly over time if your opponent controls more key objectives than you do.

I like the idea. I also think the objectives should be in the centre line of the maps.
    That's exactly what I mean. Company of Heroes, Dawn of War, and World in Conflict are good examples of control points in a RTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Indypride View Post
    AMP I'm not sure what you mean by "command points combined with a reinforcement system". What exactly do you mean by that?
    Well you would have command points like those games I mentioned plus a reinforcement system that allows you to collect funds over time that you can spend to bring new units into the battlefield.

So instead of dojos giving an instant universal bonus to your whole army when you cap one you would slowly over time collect funds and of course the more dojos under your control the faster you collect those funds. And when you control more dojos than you opponent he will slowly lose points and when your opponent runs out of command points you win of course. You could also add a domination buzzer like WiC has where when you control all the dojos your opponent will lose his points much faster than he would at the high rate of controlling all dojos.

I wish we had something like that as well as true unit los and able to load right into the map and deploy and pick your army at the sametime along with a way to punish those or prevent those from dropping out avoiding losses. Someday maybe someday... :/

Senior Member General spicykorean's Avatar

unfortunately, Just because a topic gets alot of attention, it doesn't mean that CA will do anything about it.
    The map and dojo imbalances has been a problem since the release of the game last year.

Senior Member Field-Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by ****ykorean View Post
    unfortunately, Just because a topic gets alot of attention, it doesn't mean that CA will do anything about it.
    The map and dojo imbalances has been a problem since the release of the game last year.
    True, but the fact that they randomized the buildings tells me that they care to make it better. It just wasn't the way to do it.

I don't have a problem with randomized buildings because that's not the problem. The problem is the distance between dojos and players on some of the maps. All dojos should be in the middle of the map when they give bonuses that can benefit certain setups more than others, so you need to be able to contest the dojos and not give free caps.

Eh I guess we will find out on Monday when they release the patch

Banned General

Probably not gonna be changed since CA have more important priorities anyways.

I wish CA was a bigger company, and had more manpower. I feel like the reason it takes them forever to patch stuff is because they dont have enough people employed to dedicate anyone in particular to patches. With that said, they still do a good job of listening to the community and reading the forums, which I appreciate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast