Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shogun 2 keeps crashing on splash screen. [Solution - remove Incredibar]

Junior Member Private

Default Shogun 2 keeps crashing on splash screen. [Solution - remove Incredibar]

Code:
     DxDiag.zip
    My shogun 2 will not go pass the splash screen ever since patch 2. It runs for a few mins then when i hover the mouse over the middle of the screen you can see the mouse pointer that looks like a spear turn into the regular mouse and when i CTR+ ALT+ DELETE it says shogun 2 stopped working, and i have checked the shogun 2 system specs and can you run it? website to make sure i can play both shogun 2 and the DLC fall of the samurai which i passed above minimum so i should be able to at least get pass the splash screen which i used to be able to. I have tryed every fix that i could from other users who had similar problems as me for example:
    • verified game cache
    • change my physical memory address
    • check fore viruses specifically Incredibar
    • re-install vcredist_x86, vcredist_x86_90, vcredist_x86-sp1, clean_vcredist all in different orders suggested
    • update or re-install directx
    • delete steam folder 34330
    • wait 5-10 mins for the game to start
    • uninstalling re-installing shogun 2 multiple times
    • get the DLC for shogun 2 (i already was sure that it would not be a fix but i wanted to have it in-case i ever do find a fix)
    • delete avatar folder and script folder from C:\Users\(UserName)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2 but did not have a few of the files suggested to delete
    • re-install steam
    • make a new administration account
    • change the affinity and priority in task manager
    • run steam in different compatibility's
    So i can only narrow it down to my bios or maybe there is a bug in the newest patch that does not allow me to play shogun 2. also sorry if these forum is in the wrong place or i did not put the dxdiag correctly these is my first post.

The Creative Assembly Field-Marshall Nicklaus's Avatar

Audio drivers could use an update, if one exists, as they are from 2010. When you checked for incredibar, did you use an antivirus/anti-malware program, or did you search via regedit?
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Quick solutions to common FotS problems :
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ed-26-03-2012)

Junior Member Private

yes windows updater updated to the latest version of realtek HD audio driver and i used malwarebytes to remove any infections on my computer.

Could you use regedit to search for incredibar as well, please? Incredibar has proven to be very resilient against anti-malware programs. The following link will be helpful:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...dibar-Malware)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Moderator Master and Commander Billy Ruffian's Avatar

Just on a side note, Windows Update is not the most reliable source for non-Microsoft drivers, as it can only offer drivers that Microsoft has been told about. The latest Realtek drivers are actually from March 2012, from www.realtek.com.tw - look for HD Audio Codec Driver under Quick Links.
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions

Junior Member Private

Well i see that the incredibar toolbar is on my internet exporer add ons so you are right that malwarebytes did not detect it. also windows updater removes the version of realtek 2012 to replace with the older version for some reason.

Junior Member Private

Wow thanks its working again been trying for months to get it to work. i followed the instructions to remove incredibar (although i could not find the registry for some reason so i used CCcleaner and that removed all the incredibar registry)and downloaded the latest realtek driver and prevented windows update from replacing it with a older version
    Last edited by sebastiandouse; 04-24-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Good stuff, glad to be of help.

Junior Member Private

Ya thanks for the help

+ Reply to Thread