Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New ancient Total War

Default New ancient Total War

Instead of Rome 2...how about a Ancient Total War. By this I mean, before Alexander/Rome. 3000 BC -500 BC. Ancient Egyptians, Hittites, Minoans, Phoenicians, Babylonians, Israelites, Sumerians, Etruscans, Indus Valley (Indians), maybe even the Chinese. Ya..I like that idea. Thoughts?

Senior Member Captain TheImperatorofRome's Avatar

I very much like this.

Wow...1 response?? that's it? wtf.

Senior Member Sergeant Maximusdecimusmeridius's Avatar

Default Would be amazing, but...

The issue with this is that we have very few historical records of ancient time periods (prior to Roman historians). So it would have to be based heavily on myth and educated guesses, which probably wouldn't appeal to some TW players.

Also, "1 response?? that's it?" is not especially surprising since it's a Saturday and even TW players have lives

If DBA can make a game based on history before the Roman Empire, I am sure Total War can too. And ya..I am a loser..I get drunk and play Total War on my Saturday nights. lol

Senior Member Captain TheImperatorofRome's Avatar

LOL. I agree with Maximus, it would be a great game...if CA could make it with reasonable historical accuracy. Most of what we think we know is myths and stories that have been told for thousands of years and could be very far from the truth.

Senior Member Corporal joegouvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
    If DBA can make a game based on history before the Roman Empire, I am sure Total War can too. And ya..I am a loser..I get drunk and play Total War on my Saturday nights. lol
    Interesting combo! Im home procratinating on a science project, but usualy im out with my friends messing around.
    War is Hell.... but who ever said Hell wasnt alot of fun?

Default i agree

well the historical battles could be based on the battles of the israelites conguests such as the battle for jersualem in 1000 bc and the golan heights. also you could do like the campaigns could be like as the isrealites try to conguer 15 regions and defeat syria and the judeans and hitites and plus you could be like the egyptians and destroy the hittites that or instead of egypt be the jebusites(another isrealy tribe the controled judea aka jersualem)
    Last edited by chenshas; 05-01-2012 at 03:11 AM.

Senior Member Colonel The Kestrel's Avatar

This sounds like a great idea. The Assyrians could be a useful addition to the list of ancient powers.

Senior Member Corporal crimson_shade's Avatar

too many ittes back then. faction names would sound a lot like each other and the troop diversity was probably very poor. but that's just my guess.
    • Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    • Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
    • Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.
    Sun Tzu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast