Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Speed or FF

Senior Member Major-General AggonyDuck's Avatar

The balance between skirmish and melee builds is excellent at the moment. Melee builds when played well are very hard to stop, but they require the player to know what they are doing. I have a friend who has only lost one out of a hundred battles or so with his melee rush, so any further boosts would mean that we will be seeing just melee armies in FotS.

Banned General

well IMO, if any army is going to need a speed buff, its S2 armies.

FF does not occour atm. The line of sight prevent it. What CA did in past with matchlocks give a -20 Morale penalty AND switch off line of sight was really ridiculous. No one demands that, and demanded that in past.
    To keep an eye to the "beginners" just a higher morale penalty is nessesary. So the use of Line Infspammy is still handsome.
    To keep an eye to the skilled and expirienced players the need to have line of sight can be turned off.

What can we destroy next?
    You want successfully arty camp in deploy zone? Go ahead and get your win.

Member Private

English, as a language.

Senior Member Major-General AggonyDuck's Avatar

FF does occur and it does cause considerable losses and morale penalties.

Senior Member Corporal steven0935's Avatar

FF may give morale penaties when firing behind their own troops but they still do more damage to the player against them as their bullets magicly make their way through so even when they are shooting behind their own troops when there is no terrain elevation at all the player who shoots the backs of his men has an advantage
    History is shaped by war

@Mr Crack
    Wir können uns auch auf Deutsch unterhalten, leider wird das dem Entwickler und den Moderatoren missfallen.

@Aggony Duck
    The FF and the morale penalty is without weight in combat. To shoot with 100% efficiency into hand to hand combat is just ridiculous. Just another CAP to support camping.
    You want successfully arty camp in deploy zone? Go ahead and get your win.

Senior Member General Marshal Suchet's Avatar

Units don't shoot that much when their LOS is obstructed by a friendly unit and the penalty is already -6. I really don't see meat-shielding being such a major feature of battles either that there is any need for any kind of alteration to friendly fire either.

If you are going to keep demanding changes to the FF system, what do you plan to do to nerf rush builds in order to compensate for the kind of friendly fire penalties that you're asking for? If you're going to increase the effect of FF then you really should be willing to take reductions in melee unit speed and further morale reductions to give ranged units a fair chance of taking down a rush build.
    Last edited by Marshal Suchet; 04-29-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    RedStag

Senior Member Field-Marshall

I was around when the -20 morale thing was applied and I hated it just as much as you did. I wasn't suggesting that the system we have right now isn't working, it's clearly the best we've seen so far in this game, but I thought it might be possible to make it even better if time was invested. It doesn't have to be top priority, the bugs and first shots are clearly more problematic.

Senior Member Major the bourgeoisie's Avatar

you guys are only seeing the FF side of the argument i put out,
    skirmish builds can out run melee for heaven sakes, and all honesty makes no sense, yeah rushes are **** hard to stop, but by god, you guys have FF on skirmish builds side, and if not that you can run away faster then melee units (spear levy, shogi, police)
    make sense of that, FF is a problem but to the sense that you guys have both advantages, not even a lvl 5 shogi can catch a azure and has a point in speed, not to mention tosa can run at the speed of light, and imp/ sho inf carrying more **** then melee units as i mentioned run faster, so i put the choice out, in all honesty, you can fire into your own lines and get more kills of the enemy then of your own men, you can kite any rush builds if their cav is gone, which will end up happening, depending on the player, you do have a supposed morale penalty that i am yet to ever see in effect, because if that was the case, almost ever unit would rout, which is not the case.
    Fear God, Honor King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2