Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Campaign Drop-In

Question Campaign Drop-In

Hey Guys, just got FotS few days ago and it got me back to Shogun 2.

I also started playing Campaign Drop-Ins in Avatar Conquest, but I'm kinda curious how it works. Half of the time the numbers are equal, but in the other half, I'm vastly outnumbered.

2012-04-29_00002.jpg

I mean they are matchmade battles, and the sole purpose of those are to provide fair games. But it fails actually, if my new fots bronze 2 star gen gets placed against gold gens. So I hope they're unranked.

But anyways, no ranting, is this a bug or is this intended to be like this? I would really appreciate it if anybody could explain me how it works, thank you.

Have a nice day,

iMaple
    Last edited by iMaple; 04-29-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Senior Member Field-Marshall

If you're solely referring to drop-in battles I don't see the problem. You get to control the AI. The other player chooses that he wants a human opponent. That's about it. I don't think these matches are ranked and your avatars and personal armies aren't involved, so nothing should be unfair as it's not even fully competitive. If you wanna talk about the actual avatar match balance, you can still join one of the numerous threads out there.

so it's unranked? Glad to hear that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by iMaple View Post
    Hey Guys, just got FotS few days ago and it got me back to Shogun 2.

I also started playing Campaign Drop-Ins in Avatar Conquest, but I'm kinda curious how it works. Half of the time the numbers are equal, but in the other half, I'm vastly outnumbered.

Attachment 3613

I mean they are matchmade battles, and the sole purpose of those are to provide fair games. But it fails actually, if my new fots bronze 2 star gen gets placed against gold gens. So I hope they're unranked.

But anyways, no ranting, is this a bug or is this intended to be like this? I would really appreciate it if anybody could explain me how it works, thank you.

Have a nice day,

iMaple
    I like the concept of drop in battles but it’s done really badly, I tried a few but in every case I was outnumbered or had **** quality troops. In fots I was put up against a player with a few Armstrong guns and elite infantry and I was granted an army of levy infantry & wooden cannons (water bomb mortar).

BTW play unranked battles till your level 5 or 6 so you can face people of your choosing.

+ Reply to Thread