Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can i run shogun 2?

Junior Member Private

Default Can i run shogun 2?

Pentium dual core 2.5ghz
    4gb
    Vista 32bit sp2
    ATI Radeon hd 5700 series

Im planning to upgrade CPU so if you got a good budget one then tell me on here

not amazingly.

download demo and see. its on steam

Administrator Master and Commander AlJabberwock's Avatar

32 bit will not work well or at all without Mad Boris workaround.

2.5 pentium could mean any of a vast swath of 'pentiums' some of which are far better than others. If this is fairly old, it will not run well.

5700 "series" means any of a vast array of cards. WHICH one? Some might barely run or not run it at all.

Note that the demo is going to be a lighter load than the full game so it is possible to be able to play the demo and NOT the full game.
    "Do what I mean, not what I say!"
    ~Marvin Dodd

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://help.sega.com/home

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. Feel free to PM me or Matthias CA if you haven't received a response within 24 hours, 48 hours on the weekend. ~Al
    Forum Rules

Senior Member Master and Commander daelin4's Avatar

YOu can run the game. It will not run very well.
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code][code] in your post.

Administrator Master and Commander AlJabberwock's Avatar

Well, as far as the information we have goes, if its a desktop graphic card, it probably will, but if he has certain mobility 5700s, I do not agree this is automatic at all. Depending on which 'pentium', which, sorry, certainly span the gamut and also calls into question which type of ram we have here, it may or may not work well enough to classify as 'running' the game.

Of course there are also other issues; successfully programming the Mad Boris, having sufficient pagefile minimum, enough harddrive space with large enough unbroken blocks of space, properly updated .Net and related librarires without the Windows bug...
    Last edited by AlJabberwock; 05-01-2012 at 04:06 AM.
    "Do what I mean, not what I say!"
    ~Marvin Dodd

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://help.sega.com/home

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. Feel free to PM me or Matthias CA if you haven't received a response within 24 hours, 48 hours on the weekend. ~Al
    Forum Rules

Senior Member Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerines View Post
    Pentium dual core 2.5ghz
    4gb
    Vista 32bit sp2
    ATI Radeon hd 5700 series

Im planning to upgrade CPU so if you got a good budget one then tell me on here
    Use this and post system specs. http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Junior Member Private

I have something slightly worse and it runs okay with almost everything at Low or Off and normal unit size. Using config file to get 800x600 guarantees 30-40 fps, and 640x480 is always available if you want to melt your eyes. It's not great but perfectly playable.

Senior Member Corporal

Can you run the game?

Not likely in a way that you would enjoy it. Total war games have always been hugely demanding resource wise, especially in terms of the cpu (I think only uses one core).

Junior Member Private

Can i ask you all is my GPU OK?

Junior Member Private

I have a quad core 2.2ghz amd with built in HD6530D graphics and i can run it full speed on DX11...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast