Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle loading screen crash

Junior Member Private

Default Battle loading screen crash

Hi. I bought Fall of The Samurai when it was first relesed and it worked perfectly. But just recently i bought an external hard drive and moved all my steam files and games over onto that. After that was finished the game worked fine but then the external hard drive fell of the table and came unplugged from the computer while i was midway through a battle. So i plugged it back in and restarted Shogun 2, so far so good, but then i tried to get into a battle and it crashes about 20 seconds into loading. I have searched high and low for a solution but have neen unable to find one. Please help

Administrator Master and Commander AlJabberwock's Avatar

Is it just crashing on any battle or only on the one you were trying to finish before? Was it in SP? What is the drive you are using?

I usually don't recommend using an external drive both because of speed and the occassional problem one can have when the steam and game files are not on the boot drive, but if it was working for you well enough the problem is likely just a corrupted file -although WHICH one might makea difference in how to approach it. If the gods are NOT kind, you could have some damaged media as a result of the impact where some of the reading mechanism impacted the surface of the drive plates... That would uh... sock.
    "Do what I mean, not what I say!"
    ~Marvin Dodd

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://help.sega.com/home

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. Feel free to PM me or Matthias CA if you haven't received a response within 24 hours, 48 hours on the weekend. ~Al
    Forum Rules

Junior Member Private

It crashes on any battle in single player custom or campaign, I haven't tried multiplayer yet. The external hard drive is a 1TB Verbatim

Administrator Master and Commander AlJabberwock's Avatar

Ah... Helpful helpful.

Sounds like the 'lucky' scenario is that a game file is messed up. Try verifying cache, which you can do by choosing the game from your Steam library and right clicking the title. You then want properties, and local files. One of the options is verify cache. This will take a few minutes, and may or may not involve downloading some files.

You may want to restart Steam before trying to play again, let me know if you get any further.
    "Do what I mean, not what I say!"
    ~Marvin Dodd

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://help.sega.com/home

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. Feel free to PM me or Matthias CA if you haven't received a response within 24 hours, 48 hours on the weekend. ~Al
    Forum Rules

Junior Member Private

It finished and now says somthing along the lines of " Your game files have been validated". I checked the game and it still crashes

Junior Member Private

Don't worry i fixed it. I just moved steam back onto the computer and now it works like a charm

its steam issue, delete clientregistry blob and restart steam, and then VERIFY GAME CACHE FILES.
    DarthMod fan : http://i.imgur.com/5IZ6F.png
    My 1st every strategy game after Commandos
    Would love to see game fixes n updated rather than Paid DLC'z

+ Reply to Thread