Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my empire total war game runs very slowly

Junior Member Private

Default my empire total war game runs very slowly

Hi
    I have empire total war and napoleon.And they both run very slow,I tried changing the graphics quality to low but
    it didn't seem to make much difference. Any thing else that might make it run quicker?

Senior Member Major The Kestrel's Avatar

Try lowering the sound channels or the memory allocated to sound processes as well as the graphics. Please give more detail as to which settings you lowered and the specs of your computer.

You would also find more reliable advice on the technical support forum.

The problem is likely with your computer: it's either not powerful enough, or there's an issue with the drivers you're using.
    To make it easier for the tech support people, post your DxDiag report here.

To do this:
    * Open the Start Menu

* Select Run... and type dxdiag (in Windows Vista or Windows 7 you can type dxdiag directly into the search box at the bottom of the Start Menu)

* Once it's finished loading, select Save All Information. Choose a folder to save the diagnostic report in. Save the file as a simple text document by selecting the type of file you're saving, or typing ".txt" at the end of the file.

* Open the file, then press the Ctrl + A buttons to select everything. Once selected, press Ctrl + C to copy the information, and then paste it into a forum post here by pressing Ctrl + V.

Feel free to check out my Steam guide on naval combat in E:TW

Senior Member Field-Marshall Tyer032392's Avatar

You know, I've actually been having problems with my Napoleon game as of lately and am not sure why. It's odd because both Empire and Shogun 2 run just fine while the graphics are maxed out, but my Napoleon stutters like crazy even on low settings. My main suspect is the Steam account though as I've been having problems with it as of lately.
    A bad Metacritic score does not equal a bad game, just as a good Metacritic score does not equal a good game. - Tyer032392 (If you want to use, you are more than welcome to it).

Senior Member Field-Marshall Tyer032392's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexmantid View Post
    Hi
    I have empire total war and napoleon.And they both run very slow,I tried changing the graphics quality to low but
    it didn't seem to make much difference. Any thing else that might make it run quicker?
    has this just started, or has it been like that when you bought the game?
    A bad Metacritic score does not equal a bad game, just as a good Metacritic score does not equal a good game. - Tyer032392 (If you want to use, you are more than welcome to it).

Junior Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by Tyer032392 View Post
    has this just started, or has it been like that when you bought the game?
    It's been like this since I bought the game.

+ Reply to Thread