Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ted trouble

Senior Member Lieutenant justyhawk's Avatar

Default Ted trouble

Hi I'm trying to get to grips with the new map editor and I need help!

I'm not sure how to pan the camera up or down although I have done it by accident somehow that I can't seem to reproduce. It's flipped from a straight across the battle field view to a looking down form above at a nice angle.

I looked through the keys in the manual, I'm not sure if it's just me but some of the mouse controls in the manual don't work for me either.

I would appreciate any help, thankyou.

Also I've noticed that after a time I can't seem to lower the height I'm viewing at, I can go up but not down.

Is it just me? Am I being a total noob at this?

I am a total noob!

Senior Member Corporal S2totalwarfan's Avatar

to sway the camera: press the right mouse button, the wheel(middle mouse button), and move the mouse in the direction that u want to sway
    to zoom in and out: press the right mouse button, sway the camera in the direction u want to zoom into, and scroll up or down the wheel to zoom in or out

hope that helps
    works for me at lease :P

EDIT: sometimes u can use X and Z to move up and down although it doesnt always work for me(not sure why)
    The Uesugi Clan is looking for loyal recruits that are willing to fight for the clan in multiplayer battles, to strive for dominance and be the most powerful clan of japan. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/uesugi_clan

For some reason the middle mouse button doesn't do anything.

I have a cyber sniper mouse and it all works fine but not with ted it seems, frustrating!

I take it there are no keyboard commands to tilt the cam. For some reason though like I said before the cam flips to a really good downward tilt but then I can't untilt.

I've looked through the pdf. doc but drawn a blank.

Member Lance Corporal Cuchulainn's Avatar

At the bottom right, youll see an eyeball (usually starts of TEd this way), click on it and select global icon or the one that looks like a world. To turn the camera, use the Q and E keys, to zoom in, the mouse wheal. To fix the camera in a certain vertical position (like looking up or down) you must double click the mouse wheel at. Play with all this and see what ya get.

Note: some options like putting down trees seems to lock the camera in place only allowing you to use the mouse wheel to double click to turn the camera. Not sure why though. The above advice is planiting objects like houses or working with terrain.

Senior Member Field-Marshall

It would be so much easier if TEd just simply used the same camera as the game.

Junior Member Private

When the control keys stop working, Its because you are no longer in select mode. When you go to create mode. the movement stops working. You need to switch back to select mode. then all the controls in the shogun game should work.

Side note

Does anyone know how to change the background of the maps? to give that depth feel?

My mouse wheel button doesn't function, this only happens in ted as it works fine for games This is making creating a map very difficult.

Moderator Master and Commander Sasu's Avatar

Moved to TEd Forum.

Team Gunpowder

Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    When in doubt, check the stickies
    After every download, verify integrity of game cache

Fickle is the lady Fora

+ Reply to Thread