Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Units with a base price over 1k

Banned Sergeant-Major

Default Units with a base price over 1k

CA should lower the lvl 9 clan spec upgrades to lvl 5 for all units with a base price over 1k. Units such as Elite infantry which cost 1170 and 1280 koku are hardly ever used, because of the following: Foreign marines are plainly better in every aspect. even a lvl 5 foriegn marine tops a lvl 9 elite infantry and still cost about the same or less. This will create more variety for players to either choose a
    1500~ lvl 5 Elite infantry or a lvl 9 1300~ Bear unit,
    Lvl 5 shogunate guard cav over a lvl 9 imperial guard cav,
    lvl 9 sharpshooter over a lvl 5 tosa/Yugekitai
    and etc.

This idea will surely help the Imperial/Shogunate clans have much more influence over player's armies.

Though if you see any flaws, do tell, but I am sure this would make the game much more diverse.

Senior Member Field-Marshall

I would make kneel fire a level 9 upgrade for everybody and increased range an upgrade for nobody. Very simple. Units that have a higher base price already have much higher value so there's no reason to mess with that.

Senior Member Lieutenant justyhawk's Avatar

If the range increase is lowered then the bushido gen will stand no chance.

Banned General

Thats why we should lower the amount for the increase range upgrade for lines, elites, carbine cav and imp guard.

Banned Sergeant-Major

Quote Originally Posted by damadman228 View Post
    I would make kneel fire a level 9 upgrade for everybody and increased range an upgrade for nobody. Very simple. Units that have a higher base price already have much higher value so there's no reason to mess with that.
    uh. no, the point is to make the units that are way too expensive be a more viable choice. I have a lvl 9 kihetai with increase range and it costs the same as a lvl 5 french marine.

Senior Member Field-Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
    uh. no, the point is to make the units that are way too expensive be a more viable choice. I have a lvl 9 kihetai with increase range and it costs the same as a lvl 5 french marine.
    The problem is that the marines get the upgrade sooner. If no units get it, the unfairness disappears. If Kihetai aren't seeing use they could get a price decrease. There's no need to mess with the upgrades beyond that.

Banned Sergeant-Major

Quote Originally Posted by damadman228 View Post
    The problem is that the marines get the upgrade sooner. If no units get it, the unfairness disappears. If Kihetai aren't seeing use they could get a price decrease. There's no need to mess with the upgrades beyond that.
    that would result in alot of units getting a price decrease. The unit upgrade idea is an indirect method of giving them a price decrease.

Senior Member Lieutenant Viivrabe's Avatar

i do not approve of easier 150 range. price changes might be fine, but i dont want to see 150 range guards every battle, or range 175 skirmish units.

im not saying that there should not be any, i just dont want to see those units as often as i see bears
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesaboteur View Post
    Point is, there is a reason that the ESRB does not rate online [play].
    A Knight in shining armor is a knight who has never had his metal truly tested.

Banned Sergeant-Major

Quote Originally Posted by Viivrabe View Post
    i do not approve of easier 150 range. price changes might be fine, but i dont want to see 150 range guards every battle, or range 175 skirmish units.

im not saying that there should not be any, i just dont want to see those units as often as i see bears
    You make it like you never seen 150 range foreign marines. 175 range tosas cost about 1.8k currently. In said idea, they cost around 1.6k. The guard infantry will still cost more than a 150 bear by a substantial amount but still make them actually worth using.

Also you make it sound like you never seen a melee rush before.
    Last edited by TheDuke; 05-28-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Senior Member Field-Marshall Marshal Suchet's Avatar

Extended range should be at level 5 for skirmishers. The units are unusable in their current state.

I'd like the see it fall to level 6-7 for guards and level 5 for Kihetai. I'd also like to the see the ability removed on line units generally.

The Kihetai need a stat buff or a price decrease as they are one of the worst units in the game at the moment.
    RedStag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast