Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 20k matchmade battles

Member Private

Default 20k matchmade battles

I don't understand why they don't allow you to play 20k battles in matchmade. Instead the highest money you have in matchmade is 14k. I personally think that 20k is much mor fun because the armies are bigger and you can bring a higher variety of units. In 14k it is very difficult to bring a balance army that is also strong. In 14k only spam armies are strong. Instead in 20k spam armies don't work.

I could still play 20k in battlelist ,and I do because it is more fun then lego battles matchmade offers you, but in battlelist I don't earn clan tokens which are important to upgrade my veteran units. But a 20k matchmade battle would be better then a 20k battlelist battle because you would get matched up with players with your same skill level.

I think you should be able to choose what funds you want to play in a matchmade battle. They should make an option like the mix avatar thing which gives you the freedom to choose to do a mix avatar battle or a non mix avatar battle. They should let you choose if you want to play a 5k, 10k, 14k or a 20k battle in matchmade.

Please CA put this option to improve multiplayer experience.

Senior Member Captain Sima Zhong Da's Avatar

『 In 20k, only armies with high veterancy will work. Nope. They used to have 20k funds at the start of S2, but they took it out. Guess why? And if you are not fielding a good army with 14k, maybe you are just terrible at making a good composition and need to stop using solely high end units.』
    Modern war is conducted against an out-group by powerful people who have an exaggerated opinion of themselves and their degree of morality, are overconfident, often have an illusion of control, enjoy taking risks and are almost always male. - Robert Trivers, Deceit and Self-deception

Senior Member General

because balance goes out the window in short, look at fots it might just be because I was playing on battle list but no one brings cav. Once upon a time 20K was matchmade default for lvl 10 avatars however in order to play at a high level you need to upgrade your vets beyond what is strictly cost effective for other fund ranges.

edit: also if you think that just because two people are in the same fund level they're equal skill you've got another thing coming.

Senior Member Field-Marshall Marshal Suchet's Avatar

14k is the natural ceiling for the mm....20k becomes an uber-vetted spam.
    RedStag

Member Private

I don't have anything agianst 14k battles but I would like to have the possibility to play a 20k matchmade battle. I would like to choose the fund level i want to play even for matchmade. Sometimes when i search for a match I end up in a 5k battle with small unit size. I don't like this kind of match not because I have uber veterans or because I don't have a strong build but because i want to see a big epic fight.

By the way people already upgrade their line infantry to level nine for the increase range ability and have highly upgraded cavalry. So i don't see why you would complain about uber veterans in 20k if the already exist in 14k.

Senior Member Field-Marshall

The only way this could work would be to give players an option to choose what funds level they prefer, and IF both players choose the same level they will be given that instead of what their avatar's level would otherwise dictate.

Senior Member Master and Commander Tyer032392's Avatar

I do agree that it would help for CA to implement a system which would allow us to choose the type of funds we would like to have, but as it is now, there isn't enough people playing Shogun 2 multiplayer to have that.
    Having Attila unplayable for Total war: Attila is just like making Napoleon: Total War and having Napoleon and France unplayable.

Senior Member Field-Marshall

The number of players wouldn't matter if my approach was implemented. Sure if you want to have the same funds level in every match and only play against people who prefer the same funds level, then you have a point.

Senior Member General

It'd be nice to be able to chose the funds level you play in in MM but the advantage of this in my eyes would be that I could veto out of small fund battles

Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by damadman228 View Post
    The only way this could work would be to give players an option to choose what funds level they prefer, and IF both players choose the same level they will be given that instead of what their avatar's level would otherwise dictate.
    I think the best thing would be that you get matched up with someone of your same level and with same funds preferance. This way the matches would be balanced and more pleasent to play because you would be playing at the funds you want.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast