Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EF Lines and Castle Walls

Junior Member Private

Default EF Lines and Castle Walls

Shogun.jpg

Okay so here is what I have so far with the castle I'm creating for a 1v1 siege map. Ignore everything else, I'm mainly focused on getting the castle walls garrison-able as well as the two red buildings. When I first created this, I drew EF lines around the entire area of the castle, which made it impossible to plae units around on the ground, but I was able to garrison the walls, and buildings. I changed this in order to be able to place units within the castle grounds. I have a few problems however.

1. I created the EF lines around the wall sections to garrison them, selecting High Wall, and made sure the lines in the middle of the EF lines were pointing inwards. I saved it and went to test it in game, however when starting the game, it crashed at the loading screen.

2. I open the map again, only to find some sort of "Z" made out of the EF lines, and the EF line boxes around the walls are nonexistent now, or at least do not show up. I can't get the "Z" to delete either.

Does anyone know what to do to get it to stop crashing, and get the EF lines to work properly? Thanks

-p.s. sorry if the image is small, I just screened and threw it in paint to link it on here.

Junior Member Private JackEric360's Avatar

EF line did not effect. same problem
    Last edited by JackEric360; 06-02-2012 at 08:36 AM.

You don't need to add EF lines for the castle wall, they already automatically have the EF lines on them when you place them. All you need to do is make a "zone" around the garrisonable part of the wall (the bit where the dudes stand.)

Top view of the corner of a castle wall, the white line is the zone you need to add:
    see.jpg

The other thing you need to do is put a "go zone" (green line) around the outside of the fort, this stops the path finding from getting messed up.

Here's a really simple (mostly) working castle,
    http://www.mediafire.com/?izjx2h67u8tesk8
    Last edited by shifter; 06-03-2012 at 01:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread