Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shogun 2 update problems

Junior Member Private

Default Shogun 2 update problems

so I have just done the latest updates and when I turn on the new version going into the campaign selection and the bodies of the clan general you can select has like disappeared except like the horn parts of the helmet or the bow/weapon they hold and when I go into the campaign the screen has a rainbow attack on screen around a central point but the weird thing is I found a fix buy selecting a different resolution then letting it go back to the old resolution and everything runs fine. the only problem is when I stop playing the game it reset itself the next time I want to play. does anybody know why it is happening in the first place or is it just a corrupt download? thank you. p.s don't want to go to complicated just want some opinions on whats going wrong because as I said above I kind of have a fix I just have to renew evertime I play the game.
    Last edited by Totalwar91; 06-09-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Senior Member Lieutenant Tomb875's Avatar

Please post a DxDiag as explained here

Also, maybe some screen-shots would help just to visualize the problem.
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
    -Napoleon Bonaparte
    Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.
    -Sun Tzu (The Art of War)
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    -Sun Tzu (The Art of War)
    Cowards die many times before their deaths, The valiant never taste of death but once."
    -Julius Caesar (II, ii, 32-37)

Junior Member Private

Shogun 2 Rainbow attack 1.jpgShogun 2 Rainbow attack 2.jpg

it would be better as a video but the images say plenty about how the screen flicks and the weird thing is it only happen where the screen originally start in the campaign and the further away you are the more it disappears. you can also see how it fixs around a kind of point of origin.
    Last edited by Totalwar91; 06-09-2012 at 01:39 PM.

The Creative Assembly Field-Marshall Nicklaus's Avatar
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Quick solutions to common FotS problems :
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ed-26-03-2012)

+ Reply to Thread