Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just bought the complete shogun 2 pack with a friend, disconnects in multi camp

Junior Member Private

Default Just bought the complete shogun 2 pack with a friend, disconnects in multi camp

My friend and I have been playing a couple games of multiplayer campaign and we've run into an odd problem. During one of our turns it will pop up with "waiting for players" and the timer will always run out and a player will drop. We then have to return to the main menu and resume the campaign from autosave.

We play all sorts of Steam games and never have disconnect problems between our two connections other than this game. I don't understand what's going on and would like to figure this out since we bought the complete Shogun 2 pack. It's a great game, but this is really annoying.

Any helpful tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Senior Member Field-Marshall

Maybe one of you got dropped from Steam. That occasionally happens when playing this game. I can't compare it to anything else though.

Senior Member Captain Gen.Sherman's Avatar

When me and a friend had a campaign going we found that when steam cloud was on, on either of our computers we would desync a lot. I'd try making sure that is turned off first.

Junior Member Private

definitely not disconnecting from steam, but i'm guessing the cloud is activated on both of our clients (if that's the default option)

if it was a desync problem, would the error message state that? our autosaves are always compatible when we resume hosting

Senior Member Field-Marshall

I'm not sure if this is the classic desync situation. The desyncs I encountered never dropped me, instead the game would go on for multiple turns until some battle screen or diplomacy action would show up for one player, but not the other, or the game would get stuck on somebody's turn. Generally they made us drop indirectly, never directly. That's why I'm wondering if what you're experiencing is something else, although i don't know what desyncs look like these days because I haven't encountered one in months.

+ Reply to Thread