Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Error: Failed to join a game (GS)

Member Lance Corporal UnLimited's Avatar

Default Error: Failed to join a game (GS)

I used to play Rome TW MP without any problems but I stopped for a while. Now, I can't join any battles and no one can join mine. I Googled a bit but I couldn't find any useful tips. I read somewhere that Hamachi might be the problem so I uninstalled it, but it didn't work. Did anyone have this problem? Can you please help me fix it? Thanks.

I HAVE EXACTLY SAME STORY!!!!!!!

but im getting new and better computer and after 2-3/4 years not playing RTW and barb invasion MP i will be back betetr than ever

Junior Member Private

Iam having similar problem. I attempted to log into Multiplayer but it says Invalid Login. I have inputted the CD Key, reinstalled the game, adjusted my Firewall and in fact inactivated my firewall but with no results. General game plays great no problems but attempting to play the multiplayer part is problematic. Any ideas?

Senior Member Sergeant TheVictornator's Avatar

With GS I have never found that there is anything you can do about it. But when I tried it with a different com****r, it worked perfectly, so if you have another computer try on that one, if it still doesn't work, then you probs can't get it working.

Moderator Master and Commander Ace Blazer's Avatar

For me it has always been game services like Hamachi, Game Ranger, etc. Even just having it on your computer seems to block whatever port GameSpy relies on.

That being said, it all relies on your internet connection, and making sure your ports are clear. Sometimes you will only be able to host games, and never join them depending on your ISP.

There may be nothing new here, but try looking through this thread.
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...s?goto=newpost
    Last edited by Ace Blazer; 09-26-2012 at 03:38 AM.
    My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
    Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
    Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.

+ Reply to Thread