Total War Forums

Closed Thread

Thread: The Third Age Mod Help

Default The Third Age Mod Help

I'm trying to install the Third Age mod and I replaced the teutonic files with the third age files. When I go to start the teutonic campaign, the screen goes black and then exits without any error messages. Music plays and then eventually stops. Any help on how to correctly start this mod?

"Additional installation instructions only for Steam users:
    1. Install all parts of the mod as instructed above.
    2. Open "Steam/Steamapps/Common/Medieval II Total War/mods". There you will find all your installed Kingdoms campaigns as well as the "Third_Age_3" modfolder.
    3. Edit the name of one of the Kingdoms folders (americas, britannia, crusades, teutonic), preferably your least favorite campaign. The new name doesn't have to be anything specific.
    4. Change the name of the "Third_Age_3" folder to the former name of the Kingdoms folder you just edited. For example, if you edited the "americas" folder, the "Third_Age_3" folder should be named "americas".
    5. Select the appropriate campaign from the steam menu. If you renamed the "Third_Age_3" folder to "americas", select the americas campaign. If you named it "crusades", select the crusades campaign and so on.
    6. Steam will now launch the mod."

Following this^ does not work.
    Last edited by VEF214; 09-04-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Senior Member Colonel The Kestrel's Avatar

Very recently worked for me (I installed it for a friend of mine).

I got it to work no worries lock please.

Administrator Master and Commander AlJabberwock's Avatar

Trollers...uh..., lol, like the OP saying he got it to work and Kestrel, you mean? Closed per the OPs request.
    "Do what I mean, not what I say!"
    ~Marvin Dodd

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://help.sega.com/home

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. Feel free to PM me or Matthias CA if you haven't received a response within 24 hours, 48 hours on the weekend. ~Al
    Forum Rules

Closed Thread