Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Steam - Gamespy - IGN - issue...

I will try your steps. I have the games separated, even though I bought the Gold version. Steam did that for me.

About step 7...: "7) Create Gamespy ID for specifically your Steam game (Medieval II or Kingdoms)
    It seems that once you make a Gamespy ID for a certain key and copy of the game, it gets locked in. I'm sure this is true because I have a hard copy of Medieval II and Kingdoms and I tried logging in with that ID to the Steam version and it wouldn't let me."

Since Gamespy ID is actually dead, can I lock my Medieval II and Kingdom copies to IGN and do step 7 the same, but instead of Gamespy use IGN?

EDIT: weird thing happened. Before uninstalling Medieval II, I tried to login the multiplayer. Instead of showing me "Logon Failed - Invalid CD key", it showed "Failed to login - Invalid player password". The weird thing is that I put the same password and username of my IGN account. In the end I uninstalled it. I will do your steps. For the time being thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Mgec; 10-04-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Moderator Master and Commander Ace Blazer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mgec View Post
    Since Gamespy ID is actually dead, can I lock my Medieval II and Kingdom copies to IGN and do step 7 the same, but instead of Gamespy use IGN?
    According to another person, apparently you can use your IGN details instead of the GameSpy. Please update me on how it goes.

I have another question. What happens when try to go to www.gamespyid.com? I was still able to use my GS ID I created in 2000 to login there, but when I created a new account, it redirected me to IGN, and now it'll only redirect to IGN x__X. I don't know if Medieval 2 Gold installs GameSpy Arcade (another separate program). If you have GameSpy Arcade, what happens what you try to login there?

This is the download link if you don't have it. http://download.cnet.com/Gamespy-Arc...9_4-12315.html
    Last edited by Ace Blazer; 10-04-2012 at 04:23 AM.
    My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
    Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
    Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.

I don't know if it was because of it, but after logging into Gamespy arcade, which I installed in my PC, the game has accepted me to login. And I'm using the same email, password and username that I used to try with before (which are the same as the Gamespy ones). I guess it was necessary Gamespy Arcade to be installed, but we will never know. BTW my username is SergeantMgec.

Thanks Ace Blazer for your help! Long life to Ace Blazer!
    Last edited by Mgec; 10-04-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Moderator Master and Commander Ace Blazer's Avatar

Excellent! Glad it worked
    My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
    Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
    Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.

Junior Member Private

hey buddy, how you got in.
    I am unable to register to ign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgec View Post
    Ok I'm in IGN, but it keeps telling 'Logon failed - Invalid CD key'. How do you link the game to IGN? I've already created a Player Card on IGN with my desired Steam username, which is the same.

Junior Member Private

yup this works. gamespy arcade and IGN username/password/email has to be the same for it to work. it worked for me just now. thanks

PS and you have to add the player card 'Steam' with same username on IGN
    Last edited by rockomon; 09-15-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Junior Member Private

I am sure this works just fine if you remember your GameSpy account password. But unfortunately I do not and all attempts to access Multiplayer Medieval II using my IGN password (etc) have all failed. This is really depressing to me. Anyway, maybe I will get lucky someday and the old password will magically reappear in my mind. Not too likley. :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2