Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Russians are tough

Senior Member Corporal Millst0ne's Avatar

Default Russians are tough

I'm playing a camphain as the Russians and i attacked Sweden. My whole (small) army was routed except a unit of line inf. The swedes have lots of cavalry but not much inf. except for 2 units of armed citizens, 1 militia and 1 line inf. My 1 unit of line inf. are in a house and are sniping the swedes one by one

3 attacks have been mounted on the house and they all ended with the attacking troops being routed. The only unit they have capable of taking it NOW are militia who have clumsy AI syndrome and wont attack. The battle (sniperfest) is playing out now. I will update ya and tell what happens.

Aint that insane. Im so proud of my virtual men

Senior Member Major williamcarter1993's Avatar
    Somewhere between Clarksdale and Oxford, Mississippi

Better make sure they don't run out of ammunition!

Senior Member Sergeant-Major Nubarus's Avatar

You where lucky the Swedish didn't have a canon and blew the house into a pile of firewood.

Cool

I won. I was down to 45 men, who are on there way home for vodka. They (the Swedish) did have a canon hiding in the trees, But by then their army was down to 50 60 pikemen and militia. I ran outside and killed em all and then rushed the canon and destroyed it, winning the battle.

I was sieging a city and they came out and attacked me, Thats how it all started. I went around their flank and into the city. Then all **** broke loose.

The siege is still on and reinforcements are on the way.

I like playing the Russians. Its a very descent Challenge. You got Turks, Swedes, Tatars and Georgians all knocking on your door. You gotta hit them hard and fast before they get to strong for you.

Banned Major-General

Nice story , great achievment , probably a bug

Senior Member Sergeant-Major Sugam's Avatar

Try playing the Turks in hard+ difficulty in both campaign and combat for a real challenge

Senior Member General Dark Side's Avatar
    The restaurant at the end of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Sugam View Post
    Try playing the Turks in hard+ difficulty in both campaign and combat for a real challenge
    And if you like seeing your men getting massacred by every other nation in the game

I think i'll stay away from the turks then.........

Lol

Junior Member Private

Default Try the Turks

If you think that’s difficult try playing the Ottoman Empire. Everyone hates you even other Muslim nations and your troops are really inferior. If you are looking for a challenge Play Ottoman on high difficulty cause you will need totally new battle tactics. Sneaky ambushes, headlong cavalry charges and concentrated artillery fire is the only thing that works cause their line infantry is useless at least until you have researched European Doctrine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast