Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Contest a Civil Revolt.

Default Contest a Civil Revolt.

When a city wants to revolt i think you should have the option to resist with your armed forces within the city despite the odds, sure if you have a small garrison you would get ripped to shreds. But on the other end of the spectrum i have a hard time seeing an entire battle hardened professional legion wetting its pants and leaving a city because of a mob of angry plebs. Just a thought, feel free to let me know while I'm wrong.

A sad place where gaming companies do what they what.

Agreed. CA leaves so many realistic details like this one out of its games...Feels like I'm playing Mario with swords.
    Rome II better become realistic and historically sensible:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ng-a-Good-Game...

Moderator Master and Commander daelin4's Avatar

Cities turning to rebel control stopped once Warscape titles came around: in those games, rebel armies spawned in the field and had to attempt to forcefully take over. An urban riot context would probably be pointless since a lot of the time you would probably not have the sufficient men to make a battle practical anyways; in which case the scenario of an army spawning outside the city makes more sense and more convenient.

I actually prefer if there is a chance for one or the other to occur: some revolts could cast you out with no chance to resist, and other revolts spawn armies in the region.
    Total War Terms and Conditions
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    Total War: ROME II Political Guide
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code][code] in your post.

A sad place where gaming companies do what they what.

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    Cities turning to rebel control stopped once Warscape titles came around: in those games, rebel armies spawned in the field and had to attempt to forcefully take over. An urban riot context would probably be pointless since a lot of the time you would probably not have the sufficient men to make a battle practical anyways; in which case the scenario of an army spawning outside the city makes more sense and more convenient.

I actually prefer if there is a chance for one or the other to occur: some revolts could cast you out with no chance to resist, and other revolts spawn armies in the region.
    Yeah, some more variety would be greatly appreciated.
    Rome II better become realistic and historically sensible:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ng-a-Good-Game...

Member Lance Corporal shahzan123's Avatar

that a very good idea.I cant tell you how many times in ROME TOTAL WAR a region with full garrision revolt and my armys just lets them take control.
    hope CA fix it !!

Junior Member Private

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post

How about being assasinated then having to control an empire that brought its self under new government.

Think of the interesting indepth chaos that could be added.

"Sir we found this man stealing grain what do we do with him?"

I want to be granted the option of Killing my own people if there is an internal riot, i want to burn Rome

"Cities turning to rebel control stopped once Warscape titles came around: in those games, rebel armies spawned in the field and had to attempt to forcefully take over. An urban riot context would probably be pointless since a lot of the time you would probably not have the sufficient men to make a battle practical anyways; in which case the scenario of an army spawning outside the city makes more sense and more convenient.

I actually prefer if there is a chance for one or the other to occur: some revolts could cast you out with no chance to resist, and other revolts spawn armies in the region."

I hear u buddy for sure, and alot of the times sure your right in normal conditions the garrison would not be sufficient to stop a civil revolt, but when u see the public unrest building and move a full stack of elite soldiers into the city to stop the revolt and than your entire army leaves without a fight? Thats bs. There should be a choice to fight.

Moderator Master and Commander daelin4's Avatar

IMO if you have a sizeable garrison already and it still revolts, then the army should spawn in the field and attempt to take over the settlement. If you've too few men then I prefer if they be cast out.

How many times does a settlement revolt when it still has a large army inside? Since RTW we now have spawned garrison units, but they are quite a small number- six-eight I believe in Shogun2's highest tiered castles. Unless the rebellion consists of only handful of units, I would NOT want to have to fight every riot with just 8 units.
    Total War Terms and Conditions
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    Total War: ROME II Political Guide
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code][code] in your post.

Senior Member Major-General

I hope the free garrison concept changes in R2. Instead of representing trained, always loyal forces it should be mostly composed of local levies. Though it would be interesting to be able to designate certain 'camps' tied to each legion and requiring some turns to construct that could raise trained men after some turns representing the local retired veterans but is only able to raise and heal units when a legion is present locally with the forces raised lowering over several turns a legion is not present.

Revolts would then consist mostly of local levies, 1 force composed of 10-100% of the local free garrison raised within a city and 1 full army of levies mixed with AOR or recruitment building present in that region units outside city. So a small garrison could elect to stay and fight or flee into the countryside. If electing to stay and fight half the capture points in the city would start controlled by rebels with the rebels from outside having to enter the city. The hard choice by player would be if electing to stay and fight but losing it gives the rebels confidence and actually spreads the revolt with another army spawning that will move to attack outside the region. If the battle is won and the invading rebels repulsed from the city they retreat to the country and slowly heal so still require being defeated in the field(or bribe to disperse).

If the loyal garrison flees to the country the rebellion gains the city but does not spread further.
    Last edited by Ichon; 11-27-2012 at 08:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread