Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Only 8 Factions in Rome 2 Total War

Default Only 8 Factions in Rome 2 Total War

Looked at the Faction list and there is only space for 8 faction
    Could of sworn CA said that there would be loads. However if this does mean each faction will be unique with regards to tech tree and units then I do not have a problem.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Factions
    i7 930 @ 2.8ghz Overclocked to 4.1ghz (Upgrading to Haswell only due to Rome II Total War)
    Rampage 3 Extreme Mobo
    6 gigs DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT @ 2000mhz
    Nvidia MSI GTX 690
    CoolerMaster HAF-X Tower Case

My guess is they're going to split each faction into 3 possible sub-factions with different bonuses, which is the route they've taken so far with Rome and Carthage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Looked at the Faction list and there is only space for 8 faction
    Could of sworn CA said that there would be loads. However if this does mean each faction will be unique with regards to tech tree and units then I do not have a problem.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Factions
    Welcome to a few weeks ago I guess?

Anyways, its 8 playable factions yes, but many more that is unplayable (which you can probably play anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by Drippy View Post
    My guess is they're going to split each faction into 3 possible sub-factions with different bonuses, which is the route they've taken so far with Rome and Carthage.
    Thank you. Love CA me.
    i7 930 @ 2.8ghz Overclocked to 4.1ghz (Upgrading to Haswell only due to Rome II Total War)
    Rampage 3 Extreme Mobo
    6 gigs DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT @ 2000mhz
    Nvidia MSI GTX 690
    CoolerMaster HAF-X Tower Case

Technical Moderator Field-Marshall doinwork34's Avatar

Yes, they said there will be more factions OVERALL (not necesarilly playable) AND they said that there wont really be more playable factions, but the factions that are playable will have much, much more depth to them. In other words, each faction will be like playing an entirely different game, instead of just feeling like your playing the same game from a different perspective like it has been in the past...hopefully that makes sense.

Junior Member Private Emperor Dowley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doinwork34 View Post
    Yes, they said there will be more factions OVERALL (not necesarilly playable) AND they said that there wont really be more playable factions, but the factions that are playable will have much, much more depth to them. In other words, each faction will be like playing an entirely different game, instead of just feeling like your playing the same game from a different perspective like it has been in the past...hopefully that makes sense.
    I agree with doinwork. Depending on what you do with your faction it will change everything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drippy View Post
    It's not 3 possible sub-factions. Rather 3 political groups like: Politicians,Economists or Militarists. I think that it will only grant bonuses depending on wchich group we choose but not different nations....

Quote Originally Posted by yourself View Post
    It's not 3 possible sub-factions. Rather 3 political groups like: Politicians,Economists or Militarists. I think that it will only grant bonuses depending on wchich group we choose but not different nations....
    It's possible I misunderstood their intentions with the 3 Roman families and the 3 major political groups of Carthage. In my defense, if you read the wiki pages for the factions it sorta leads you to that being possible
    Last edited by Drippy; 12-20-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Rome won't be divided into few families as in Rome 1(CA said that). And i can't imagine Carthage being divided into few pieces. So my version is more possible

Senior Member Brigadier Monkeylizard99's Avatar

It says Rome will be divided into 3 families under the factions section
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War..._Roman_Faction

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast