Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Medieval 2: Total War Mod ( Lord of the Rings)

Senior Member Sergeant-Major iHenk's Avatar

Default Medieval 2: Total War Mod ( Lord of the Rings)

Hello Lads,

So i am very busy with playing medieval 2: total war but i am thinking to install 'The Third Age' mod

I was wondering if this mod is worth playing
    This will be my first time that i will install a mod so i do not know exactly how it works. Can i just install it and the computer does the rest?

Junior Member Private Supermoler's Avatar

The installer will make a folder for the mod in Medieval2, and doesnt change any vanilla files. You will be able to launch it from M2tw/mods/thirdage/Tatw.bat

And yes, this mod worths. I have it too, and very like it.

Senior Member Master and Commander Clover's Avatar

I thought it was very fun, and unlike the Rome version, your allies don't really stab you in the back- unless of course you mess with them and provoke them.

Some units are extremely overpowered. The Balrog is literally impossible to kill unless you use AP weapons such as catapult, ents, and ballistas. The Heroes are very awesome as well, though some of them have been assigned units i would have not assigned them to, and factions as well. Aragorn is in charge of a ranger faction and not Gondor, same as Gandalf and the others, though i can understand their thinking.

If you liked the movie, i think it's very worth it.

Moderator Master and Commander Sasu's Avatar

For scheduling reasons I've been able to play for a short while only. With this experience, I'd say that it's an excellent mod and well worth it, especially for the fan of the movies.

Hat, hat, hat, hat, Uruk-hai!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iHenk View Post
    Hello Lads,

So i am very busy with playing medieval 2: total war but i am thinking to install 'The Third Age' mod

I was wondering if this mod is worth playing
    This will be my first time that i will install a mod so i do not know exactly how it works. Can i just install it and the computer does the rest?
    Here you can find some screenies etc

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ut-23-April%29

Shireknight

If you're an RTW fan then I highly recommend it's sister mod "The Lost Legion" it follows the story of a legion of the Jullii that get trapped in Middle Earth after entering a strange portal and is excellent and very tough.

Edit: hang on a minute the Third Age mod is for RTW not MIITW unless there are now one of them for each game?
    Last edited by Shireknight; 01-20-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Oh, I can see that you need the expansion called Kingdoms in order to play it. I thought you only needed the basic game?

Quote Originally Posted by iHenk View Post
    Oh, I can see that you need the expansion called Kingdoms in order to play it. I thought you only needed the basic game?
    Afraid you need Kingdoms.

Here you can see different mods: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

The MTWII section has circa 6k threads while Kingdoms section has 31k, so a tip is to get Kingdoms Shouldn't cost that much to be honest. I probably would have bought Third Age Total War for 20 bucks if it was its own game.

Some time ago i was actually considering if i should buy kingdoms. But i was not sure enough if it would offer more features compared to Medieval 2

Senior Member Field-Marshall Napoleon 2nd's Avatar

Get it, it's very good. Althought thers no campaign music.
    #
    Edit: Get Kingdoms. ther's no point havin Med2 if you don't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast