Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game does not start - "Bootstrap Steam something something"

Junior Member Private

Default Game does not start - "Bootstrap Steam something something"

I have not played Shogun for some time but I have not touched the install. Two weeks ago I tried to play and I got a Windows warning "Program has stopped working" with the text "Bootstrap_steam.... something". I tried a few more times with the same result. Waited to today thinking it was patch day or something but I get the same error today. I'm not really a computer wiz I just pop a dvd in and double klick icons when the installment is done :P

Junior Member Private

Ok good thing I gave you 550 swedish crowns. Won't make that mistake with Rome 2

Administrator Master and Commander AlJabberwock's Avatar

When was the last time you played it that it worked?

Please note that the sticky below "Before you post..." will tell you how to post a DxDiag. We usually won't proceed without one.

Thanks,
    ~Al
    "Do what I mean, not what I say!"
    ~Marvin Dodd

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://help.sega.com/home

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. Feel free to PM me or Matthias CA if you haven't received a response within 24 hours, 48 hours on the weekend. ~Al
    Forum Rules

+ Reply to Thread