Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: medieval total war windows 8

Junior Member Private

Unhappy Windows 8

Medieval Total War is my favorite game. But it won't run on Windows 8 Is there a way to run it? I've tried some of the compatibility modes, and it still won't.

The game exists right after the intro film.

Junior Member Private

Default snap

Quote Originally Posted by pl80 View Post
    Medieval Total War is my favorite game. But it won't run on Windows 8 Is there a way to run it? I've tried some of the compatibility modes, and it still won't.

The game exists right after the intro film.
    it happens to me as well and i love this game!

Junior Member Private

please message me if you find a patch

medieval total war gold edition (first mtw) wont work on my windows 8 laptop
    Last edited by Sasu; 03-02-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Junior Member Private

I have allready asked the same queston here:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...709#post463709

But there is no answer :/

Junior Member Private

Has anyone heard of a solution yet , I can play mtw2 through steam just fine but I prefer mtw1 by far . So any solutions ?

Quote Originally Posted by pl80 View Post
    I doubt that raw MTW can offer much solutions and surprises at this point (and on this). Try MTW-Redux and see how that goes (see mods-section for info). Try first without any compatibility modes, then ignore XP and try 2000 instead - if possible. Other then that, I'm out of suggestions (as I don't have W8)…

- A

Senior Member Corporal

I don't believe the issue is with MTW; I recall a few years ago that Microsoft had announced that "8" wouldn't be compatible with some older games - one of the reasons I decided I would skip "8" for as long as possible. No competition is evil.

Junior Member Private

Another classic game abandoned by the money machine. If there's 0 support, then I'm not interested in the series anymore, as I'm sure other releases will eventually expire as well. Regretting even registering for this forum.

Junior Member Private

Default Might help

Hello, I think I may be able to help you and everyone else having this problem

I recently got a new laptop that runs windows 8.1 and for a while I had the same problem. I checked multiple online forums but for some reason could simply not run either Rome total war on windows 8 or medieval 2 on windows 8. Both of my games i have from steam.

This is what worked for me.

I uninstalled all my games from steam and then uninstalled steam itself from the computer and re downloaded and reinstalled it, but not to the usual place. I created a new folder on my desktop and named it Steam and installed steam to that folder instead of in program files or program files X86. Then I re downloaded Rome total war and Medieval 2 total war from steam inside of that steam folder on the desktop. Both games ran fine afterwords, no problem whatsoever.

Hope that helps.

that sounds similar to how i moved my games from my old rig to this new one, win 7 though, it would explain why i can play shogun1, med1, rome1, med2, empire, napoleon, shogun2, and rome 2 on this thing. i just transfered the files from hard drive to hardrive , skip the middle man so to speak. no reinstalling.
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast