Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Third Age Total War 3.2 Problem!

Junior Member Private

Exclamation Third Age Total War 3.2 Problem!

Hello TW Forums.

I just got this mod again, and...
    I installed it - worked fine,
    entered the game, worked fine,
    entered Campaign, worked fine.

But when i start a battle in campaign it comes up with this error
    "Medieval 2: Total War had encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

I've tried

Reinstall of the game,
    Reinstall of the Mod,
    autochange time disabled,
    and searched alot about this single problem.

Can anyone help? it only happens in campaign, few times in Custom battle, with The Black Gate for example.

- MathoZ

Senior Member Lieutenant

I am getting the same problem with version 3.2. It doesn't happen with every battle, but since I started playing this mod today I have twice got a black screen (in about 20 battles), everything crashes, and it boots me out with the 'unspecified error' message.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Simon Magi; 03-21-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Senior Member Lieutenant

I have been playing all day with no problems. I don't know why it happened earlier on. It seemed to be connected to units lacking moves or the ability to retreat. I attacked a force from my castle when it last happened.

Senior Member Lieutenant

Still getting the 'unspecified error' crash. It often happens when there are three or four armies in a battle. Reinforcements seem to cause a crash. It doesn't happen every time, though.

Can't find any info to solve it online. Any ideas?

Junior Member Private repablican04's Avatar

i have been playing this mod for 1 week and it seems pretty good no error and battle crash, i think its just your pc SPECS i have good pc here and all total war games,mods are pretty good to me. (except shogun total war fall of the samurai)

Senior Member Lieutenant

My latest thought is that it is related to my virus protection program (McAfee). But, I have never found the exact source of the problem..

Junior Member Private repablican04's Avatar

maybe, but most of tatw players have the same problem like yours. =)) for me there's no problem in 3.2 patch or below

Junior Member Private Aviriatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Magi View Post
    I am getting the same problem with version 3.2. It doesn't happen with every battle, but since I started playing this mod today I have twice got a black screen (in about 20 battles), everything crashes, and it boots me out with the 'unspecified error' message.

Thoughts?
    I came across with this old post.
    Simon Magi if you are still interested check at the TWC's Third Age Total War Forum at:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Age-Total-War

I am just a fan of that great mod.

I had this type of crash during the battles, and believe it was due to an strange not reported bug.
    However there was a surprising workaround announced by the mod support team.
    This was, for some MSWindows systems, to disable the "Daylight saving time correction" in the PC. This eventually improved or made the bug disappear.
    It seems that this bug was already removed in version 3.2.
    Post at the mod page, if still interested.
    Good luck.

Junior Member Private gladiatorCRO's Avatar

I rrrrreeeeeeaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyy love this mod. But have too problems with crashing, and 95% of crashing is when I sally out of fort Cair Andros (it is a custom setlement so maibe it is that what causing a CTD). I allwais attacking the besieging army at this setlement because, I with no problems with 2 units of militia archers, 1 unit of gondor militia infantry and general I am able to wipe out armies which have less than 2k soldiers, because they instantly run towards the water and do not come to me. Shot all arows and 700-900 are dead. Then I have another advantage, of attacking downhill so then I finish them off...
    My CPU:

MOBO: ASRock A77M-HVS HUDSON
    CPU: AMD A8 3870 APU, soc FM1
    GPU: XFX RADEON HD 6450 & AMD RADEON HD 6550D (IN CROSSFIRE MODE) PCI-E 1 GB
    DRIVES: HDD: WD Caviar Black 2.5TB 64MB Cache SATA3, WD Caviar 400GB SATA 8 MB Cache, SAMSUNG 1 TB SATA 32 MB Cache
    RAM:KINGMAX 2*4GB DD3 1600 FLGF
    CASE: EVC Model 6025, no PSU
    PSU: ZALMAN ZM500-GS 500 WATS
    MONITOR: AOC 2243W LED

Windows 7 (x86) Ultimate

Junior Member Private

Default cant be specs

I get the same message in custom battles1 out of every 3. I can't go above 10k soldiers without lag. Specs are I7 quad-core GeForce gtx670 2gig dedicated with 12gigs of ram....it's NOT specs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast