Total War Forums

Closed Thread

Thread: Rome Total War II Compatible 3d stereoscopic nividia Vision

Junior Member Private

Default Rome Total War II Compatible 3d stereoscopic nividia Vision

Hello ,

please confirm Rome Total war II futur compatible technologie Nividia 3D Vision ?

Empire total war 3D steréoscopic is beautiful game

Shogun total War II is not compatible shadows smoke and fire in 2d )

thank you

Senior Member Master and Commander Half Life Expert's Avatar

unless CA says otherwise, I wouldn't expect it buddy
    I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"Don't break the rules and you won't get banned, simple as that" -CraigTW on the HATG Thread

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

"A Strange Game. The only winning move is not to play"- W.O.P.R from Wargames (1983)

The WWI Thread: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...emed-total-war

Junior Member Private

initially empire total war wasn't developped with 3d vision technology and even if it is not, the result is fine

Shadows, smokes and fire effects in Shogun Total War 2, which are in 2D doesn't work in 3D NVidia Vision.

My only fear is that if Rome Total War 2 takes back the same effects than in Shogun Total War 2, this won't work in 3D.

Could game developers confirm that this problem won't be present in Rome Total War 2 ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by stfparis17; 03-21-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Administrator Master and Commander AlJabberwock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stfparis17 View Post
    initially empire total war wasn't developped with 3d vision technology and even if it is not, the result is fine

;
    My only fear concerns, shadows, smokes and fire effects in Shogun Total War 2, which are in 2D doesn't work in 3D NVidia Vision

Even if Rome Total War 2 effects are not in 2D, i am sure that the result will be really fine
    This.

IN fact. afaik, very little was made deliberately with 3D vision 'in mind' until S2 when they began really tweaking a few things. My experience with it has been similar although I would say despite the few 2D issues you mention, its still a pretty awesome looking game in 3D, and pretty engrossing.

It is a fair question to ask if they will handle those objects in 3D, but that's also probably something they didn't because its a lot of work/resource-heavy operation. It wouldn't be on my first list of MUST HAVES, but I do agree its something I would put on my complete list of all the things I might dream about.

We have and use NVidia 3D tech, and enjoy it. This is a tech that is becoming more and more affordable every month, and many titles are quite compatible even though they were not originally intended ot be viewed in that mode.
    "Do what I mean, not what I say!"
    ~Marvin Dodd

Forum Rules

Junior Member Private

Could game developers confirm that this problem won't be present in Rome Total War 2 ?

Thanks.

Moderator Master and Commander mmurray821's Avatar

You asked this in another thread
    ~Closed
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.

Closed Thread