Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Area of recruitment?

Member Lance Corporal Tróndur í Gøtu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UsulDaNeriak View Post
    I don't know how this recruiting from the armies should work? In republican times the romans recruited all their legions and units from socii mainly in Italy and from there they moved to the front. What they could recruit onsite were just a few auxilia and mercenaries.

In imperial times, the romans recruited their units from all over the known world and moved them to the front accordingly. The AoR-recruitment system of RTW-mods like EB and RS were pretty close to a realistic recruitment model.
    Indeed, but CA can only pick one model, but CA have also said that they want to reduc micromanagement, including having to manually move your new units into armies, and I personally found the system for automatically movng new units into yur armies in empire and shogun 2 extremey clunky, and never used it :/

Senior Member Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Tróndur í Gøtu View Post
    Indeed, but CA can only pick one model, but CA have also said that they want to reduc micromanagement, including having to manually move your new units into armies, and I personally found the system for automatically movng new units into yur armies in empire and shogun 2 extremey clunky, and never used it :/
    As long as I can recruit armies everywhere, according to local availability (AoR), move them to another army and exchange units, I am fine. In this case I would simply ignore CAs casual system, whatever they introduce. I hope they give players the freedom to play the game, like they want to play.

They said, I would need a general, whenever I recruit and move armies. Well, that is unrealistic for non-fighting armies, especially for the smaller ones (vexillationes), but I can live with that rule.
    Last edited by UsulDaNeriak; 04-02-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Member Lance Corporal Tróndur í Gøtu's Avatar

Yeah, thing is that they have to pick a middle ground, since each nation had it´s own recruitment or drafting system: from tribal levies and vassals to the "part-timers" of Hellas and the mid Roman republic to the professional career soldiers of imperial Rome and Macedonia, plus mercenaries and colonial troops like the iberians under Carthage and the italian socii!

It´s almost impossible to simulate all of those in ONE game :O)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2