Total War Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer: ROME 2

Senior Member Sergeant-Major ROMANES EUNT DOMUS's Avatar

Default Multiplayer: ROME 2

I am a huge fan of playing multiplayer. I just don't know what it is about me loving the multiplayer so much, but I treat Total war games like a big live game of chess which it essentially is, and the feeling I get from outsmarting my opponent and concocting a plan which ends up being a winner, gives me a big sense of accomplishment. Mopping up the leftovers of your opponents army while chanting: "I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God. " Is how I get off...joke?

So as you can imagine, I am looking forward to the Multiplayer announcement, and I think they may have something magical up their sleeve. It's OK for you SP fans, you have loads of information, but, for me, who is a multiplayer fan...all I can do is imagine.

So please give me you opinions on what you would like to see in the multilayer. I would also like to hear if you play multiplayer as a preference.

Senior Member Brigadier Lucius Verus's Avatar

Bring back the Avatar conquest. But I wonder how CA will implement the avatar conquest if added. Because in S2 in only one culture. But in Rome 2 there will be more than one culture. So when we create our own avatar maybe we must select specific culture or one avatar for every cultures?. Can't wait to see it myself.

I think an avatar system is good, as in creating your own general. But the unlocking of units or other stuff is very, very bad. Since it gives veteran players a huge edge over new ones.

And I haven't even started on DLC units...
    Welcome to the internet. Where men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.

I like to play both. I have to say that I learned may best tactics on the batlefield in the mulitiplayer part, AI wasn't that smart in all TW's.

Senior Member Corporal

Me and my friends look forward to the multiplayer campaign, hope the rumours are true that you play the campaign with 4 players.

Senior Member Captain Sima Zhong Da's Avatar

『Multiplayer campaign is practically confirmed for two player if you believe the steam page. That said, I think that the logical next step would be to take a Stronghold Kingdoms approach to online ranked battles, but who knows, the people at CA are very smart and they may have already planned an even better mode than what I can think of as the logical next step.』
    Modern war is conducted against an out-group by powerful people who have an exaggerated opinion of themselves and their degree of morality, are overconfident, often have an illusion of control, enjoy taking risks and are almost always male. - Robert Trivers, Deceit and Self-deception

The system of levelling up your troops gave many players an unfair advantage, in my opinion, and I hope that they would leave that out in favour of retainers and other effects. Fighting a team full of level 9 katana samurai, who seemed to beat level 8 katana cavalry in combat with ease, was disappointing. They seemed to have no weakness, whereas usually katana samurai would have lost by a large margin if katana cavalry fought them. If the levelling up system worked as in single player, or if it were not existent at all, then the multiplayer would be more balanced.

The fact that higher level troops cost more did not balance out the fact that they were horribly overpowered.

Member Lance Corporal

and that they bring up a system who give importance and senses to clan. like the conquest of japan by league where clan can compete with other clan

Member Lance Corporal mrconnor177's Avatar

4 player co op would be amazing. and maybe try to make the multiplayer less server laggy

You mean 4 player FREE mpc. Where you can declare / befriend other players at will and have the usual faction's victory conditions.

It is terrible when the loss of the home city to the enemy player leads to a premature ending of the campaign. Carthage was raided and plundered and finally burnt 3 times, Rome also got its share off during history.

It would be so easy to get that option in to just have the usual victory conditions in, or a button that asks the victor whether you want to continue or not. You'll see awesome campaigns with Carthage being pushed out of North Africa into Alexandria to establish a new base there, or a Rome that is lost and pillaged but its Legions march into Italy from Gaul and Greece to reclaim what is theirs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast